Home

Player sizes

This is a discussion on Player sizes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Player sizes

Anyone feel like players aren't actually their size? I have two 6'5 WRs from my most recent draft that are roughly 235 lbs. One is a first round stud that looks the part, the other is a 5th rounder that looks maybe 6'2.

This has been something I've noticed for a while now and there also seems to be a quirky issues with player size in animations ie my 6'4 guard being the same height as a 5'11 WR, though both of their sizes seem fine in the game.

How much does this affect game play? For instance, if my supposedly 6'5 5th rounder goes up for a jump ball does he do so as a 6'5 guy or 6'2?

On another note has anyone seen a single 43 DT that 's over 300lbs? Or a HB with over 94 speed? Guh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
Anyone feel like players aren't actually their size? I have two 6'5 WRs from my most recent draft that are roughly 235 lbs. One is a first round stud that looks the part, the other is a 5th rounder that looks maybe 6'2.

This has been something I've noticed for a while now and there also seems to be a quirky issues with player size in animations ie my 6'4 guard being the same height as a 5'11 WR, though both of their sizes seem fine in the game.

How much does this affect game play? For instance, if my supposedly 6'5 5th rounder goes up for a jump ball does he do so as a 6'5 guy or 6'2?

On another note has anyone seen a single 43 DT that 's over 300lbs? Or a HB with over 94 speed? Guh.
I have yet to see size truly matter in Madden...No physics in game, just canned animations..

Another annoying issue I have witnessed during tests is - in practice I reset the ball on my opponents 5 yard line, hike the ball and run towards my own end zone, and regardless of the speed of my QB and their head start in connection with the speed of the defensive players in pursuit, a DT at some point will catch my faster QB; and apparently because the "pursuit" attribute/skill, gives players more speed when pursuing the ball carrier..smh

Player ratings need to be adjusted properly...Maybe get more people on the job or replace whoever is doing it now?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have yet to see size truly matter in Madden...No physics in game, just canned animations..

Another annoying issue I have witnessed during tests is - in practice I reset the ball on my opponents 5 yard line, hike the ball and run towards my own end zone, and regardless of the speed of my QB and their head start in connection with the speed of the defensive players in pursuit, a DT at some point will catch my faster QB; and apparently because the "pursuit" attribute/skill, gives players more speed when pursuing the ball carrier..smh

Player ratings need to be adjusted properly...Maybe get more people on the job or replace whoever is doing it now?
Donnie Moore(the lone guy responsible for Madden ratings) is just one in the long list of problems with this franchise. This series has become an absolute joke, its sad that I cant even play a video game that represents the biggest sport in this country.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #4
Banned

The draft classes are really brutal. Once I get into my 5th year in the cfm all teams are filled with 6"5 dreadlocked receivers. And I have never scouted a first round running back over speed 94.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Player sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
The draft classes are really brutal. Once I get into my 5th year in the cfm all teams are filled with 6"5 dreadlocked receivers. And I have never scouted a first round running back over speed 94.

Customizable draft classes are becoming more and more necessary as the years go on. I can't see one negative aspect of implementing this long needed feature into the game. 2k has had it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gman 18; 05-06-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »