Home

[COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool

This is a discussion on [COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: [COMING SOON] JRT's Madden 16 Franchise Tool

I just found out about your scouting tool the other day. Let me first say, thank you for putting a lot of hard work into such a great tool. I had been jotting down my rankings for each draft in a notebook. I haven't actually done a draft with the tool yet, but I started putting in some of my scouting information. I absolutely love the ability to create your own big board for the draft.

One thing I did notice though is how the weighted grades work. I'm not sure if this was brought up in your other thread since I didn't comb through all of the pages. When you give an attribute a weighted value... let's say you give awareness a 5 priority, if that prospect has an F in awareness, his total grade will be higher simply because you weighted awareness as a 5. If you rated awareness at 2 and the prospect had an F, his total grade would be much lower than if it was weighted at 5. This really doesn't effect the positional rankings at all since they are all on the same weighting system at the same position, but it does effect the big board in a big way because each position is not on the same weighting system.

This bugged me a little bit, so I just put in my own grading system where Ds and Fs will give the prospect negative points towards his total value. This way, if a prospect has a D or F in an attribute you weigh heavily, it will bring his grade down significantly. For now, I just swapped out the grades like this A=2, B=1, C=0, D=-1, F=-2. I'm not sure how they will work out, and I'm not sure if C being rated 0 points is a good idea (my idea is that C would be average, B and A would be above average, or exceptional), but I feel like I'm getting better total values when D and F grades on a weighted value aren't boosting a prospects total value.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, just throwing in my 2 cents. Again, I do really love this tool!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #26
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

You'll have to send me some of your scouting information to fully understand what you are experiencing. Thats the only way I can research and make changes if necessary.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
You'll have to send me some of your scouting information to fully understand what you are experiencing. Thats the only way I can research and make changes if necessary.
You know what, I think I was using it wrong haha. I just re-read the instructions on how to use it and realized something I may have done wrong. I'm going to mess around with it some more and actually do a draft with it soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »