Home

Madden NFL 16 Cover Athlete Voting is Down to Odell Beckham Jr. & Rob Gronkowski

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Cover Athlete Voting is Down to Odell Beckham Jr. & Rob Gronkowski within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 12:18 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 16 Cover Athlete Voting is Down to Odell Beckham Jr. & Rob Gronkowski

[quote=jbd345;2047303419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
Sammy Watkins had less receptions, receiving yards, touchdowns, and Rookie of the Year votes in four more games than Odell. Nice try.[/QUOTE

That was never my point, more as an example. My point was why set up a "vote" that's geared towards a certain player, and have him conviently win. Just do it like the old days and just pick the guy from the very beginning.
Marketing? Because it gets people talking about Madden for a few weeks before they start releasing information?

Wouldnt you be complaining more if they just picked OBJ? "EA only picked him because of that one catch!"

Also why is "vote" in quotation marks? This isnt rigged. They have a theme like they have every year and its WR/DB play. So they chose one of the best WR in Brown. The best TE in Gronk. Perhaps the best CB in Petersen and the Offensive Rookie of the Year in OBJ.

They didnt want to spread it out this year and offer it to every team so they chose 4 of the best candidates among people who havent been on the cover (Megatron is out) or who would be controversial (sadly this is why Dez is probably not a nominee).
Old 05-13-2015, 03:01 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
who really cares.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:10 AM   #35
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 16 Cover Athlete Voting is Down to Odell Beckham Jr. & Rob Gronkowski

I'm going to vote strictly based on the Madden Curse since I don't want to see Odell Beckham Jr.'s career cut short by injuries. Honestly if anything comes out of this "Deflategate" BS, is everyone who hates the Pats might vote for Gronk just to see them suffer and save the Former LSU Star from the Curse. I'm not a Giants fan but I'd love to see Odell Beckham Jr. have another great year and prove all the doubters that I'm reading on here wrong. So my vote goes to Gronk, sorry Pats and Tom Brady, you'll get through this season one way or another with a winning record and another Playoff appearance.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers

Last edited by Darkwolf90; 05-13-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #36
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

OVR: 0

I always thought it would be Odell. Then that way they can drop a message or trailer with the cover announcement hinting towards the WR/CB interaction focus then delve into it at E3. Always the plan imo.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #37
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

[quote=aholbert32;2047304506]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345

Marketing? Because it gets people talking about Madden for a few weeks before they start releasing information?

Wouldnt you be complaining more if they just picked OBJ? "EA only picked him because of that one catch!"

Also why is "vote" in quotation marks? This isnt rigged. They have a theme like they have every year and its WR/DB play. So they chose one of the best WR in Brown. The best TE in Gronk. Perhaps the best CB in Petersen and the Offensive Rookie of the Year in OBJ.

They didnt want to spread it out this year and offer it to every team so they chose 4 of the best candidates among people who havent been on the cover (Megatron is out) or who would be controversial (sadly this is why Dez is probably not a nominee).
I know it's not rigged, but the way they set up this bracket type voting is what I'm questioning. That's my point. honestly could care less who's on the cover, as far as complaining if they just picked him from the start, probably not. I honestly think this is just dragging it out more if anything.Yea yea, I know about marketing and whatnot, guess I'm more of a fan of how they used to do it, but what do I know, I'm just a bills fan who still holds a grudge against the Giants apparently.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #38
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
Okay, then. Why don't you see other WR's making catches like Odell? They wear gloves too, don't they?
I would bet my house that he couldn't make that catch without gloves.

I'm not saying he isn't insanely athletic and to even get his body into that position is absolutely incredible. He's a freak athlete who had one hell of a rookie season. I doubt many other WR's can even in that body in position.

Don't act like I'm saying he isn't talented or anything. I'm just stating there's no way he catches that ball without those gloves.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

I don't understand why it matter whether or not he wears gloves, it's irrelevant. Everybody wear gloves, only Beckham has pulled off an insane catch like that.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I would bet my house that he couldn't make that catch without gloves.

I'm not saying he isn't insanely athletic and to even get his body into that position is absolutely incredible. He's a freak athlete who had one hell of a rookie season. I doubt many other WR's can even in that body in position.

Don't act like I'm saying he isn't talented or anything. I'm just stating there's no way he catches that ball without those gloves.
He used to make insane catches in practice at LSU
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »