Home

You Would Be Disappointed In Madden 16 If....?

This is a discussion on You Would Be Disappointed In Madden 16 If....? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #17
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: You Would Be Disappointed In Madden 16 If....?

I can't be disappointed in something I have no hope or real expectations for, lol, so it'd be pretty hard for Tiburon to disappoint me with Madden 16. I hope they don't disappoint anyone else that has faith in the series though. Any regression, or lack of progression, in any area of a game is disappointing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

To be happy I want:

•Major improvements with WR/DB interactions
• Working Penalties
• Editable Draft Classes (preferably a Share Feature)
• Reworked Confidence in Franchise

Without those I may pass.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

1. NO IMPROVED FRANSHISE MODE!!
2. No Offensive and Defensive Coordinators etc. No extra real coaches to pick from to fill the positions.
3. Not being able to edit draft classes
4. Not being able to edit roster attributes or postions during season
5. No sim to the current date during season with it being up to date like in the last gen NBA 2k series.
6. No improved rival, playoff, atmosphere,commentary and presentation.

All are most likely a pipe dream but Im getting old man!! I don't want my best days of football gaming being in my late 20's or early 30's with Madden 2005 and NFL 2k5.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm gonna go a different route with this because I expect some amount of iterative improvements in core gameplay / presentation / Connected Franchise which I will be happy with:

I'll be disappointed if there's not more customization in Ultimate Team, specifically uniforms (and maybe stadiums as well, though admittedly stadiums is more of a hope than an expectation). I want to play as _my_ own team with a personal stamp on it, not a collection of NFL superstars with some other team's threads in some random stadium.

Notwithstanding that MUT makes dump trucks full of money as it is currently built and I don't really see myself ever being a micro transaction whale dumping tons of money into packs, this disconnect is enough to discourage me from playing the mode at all. Given how much content there is in MUT nowadays I feel like I'm missing out on a significant portion of the Madden game each year as a result of my complete disconnect with the mode as-is.

As to something more in-line with what this forum typically talks about - I'll be disappointed if the ability to deploy custom personnel groupings and/or the ability to perform formation substitutions sees no changes.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Honestly, I've all but given up on this series and am killing time waiting for Joe Montana 16 info at this point. I guess most disappointing would be if Madden 16 still has tethered passing and just fixed db/wr controls. The passing system they currently use kills any change towards realism. I fully expect madden 16 to have that though so my expectations aren't high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

If the third Madden release on the next-gen systems still doesn't have an intelligent CPU AI. I just want the CPU to finally challenge me and gameplan like a human player would.

I will also be disappointed if the sliders are still not addressed. Some don't work, some are mislabeled, some control other things. In 2015 with the technology available this is still not being addressed? Let me play the game how I want too, the stock difficulty settings ALWAYS plays out incredibly unrealistic, unlike 2K or The Show where out of the box the gameplay plays great.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

I'll be disappointed also if every team plays the same. This is next gen there no is excuses for that.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Take the dive animations effectiveness away. Physics are still terrible. A tackle shouldn't occur when you are completely past a player who is being blocked by another player and has to change direction to try and attempt to put a hand on you and you go down. A stumble, maybe. But to cause fumbles, laid out, knocked backwards. Its still really bad.

Challenges are still broken. I have had numerour players were three steps, a hand, a leg, and a butt landed within the sidelines or endzone called incomplete or reversed to overturn a scoring play.

Nano blizting has got to go. Why have line assignment changes or blitz pickups when it doesn't work.

Lead blocking is better but still players don't go after the player in front of them. Even on an overload a player should at least make contact with one defender I understand he can't block everyone but to not do anything is crazy.

More lead control in passing. Touch passes are still hit or miss. So many times I shoot for an over the top pass and it ends up being a bullet for a pick or defelction. Maybe a touch passing button or LT modifier like in basketball games for jump shot or dunk.

Really up in the air. I enjoy Madden even it is a roster update but I turn the commentary off and listen to on field, stadium, and crowd noise only.

NBA 2k whatever has great commentary. Solid audio and authentic player voices added in. Lets get that. Player interviews, on field calls, stories about players from actual games in the 2014 season. Something to be more authentic.

Last edited by tktnuri; 05-13-2015 at 05:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »