Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Question

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #17
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Question

Mr looman and EA owe you nothing. If you determine that Madden does not meet your standards then don't buy it. Voice your opinion with your wallet.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #18
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Mr looman and EA owe you nothing. If you determine that Madden does not meet your standards then don't buy it. Voice your opinion with your wallet.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk
If a company has a monopoly over a market (as EA does over NFL video games) and does a ****ty job of providing the product, the only thing you can do is take your case public and try to get it changed. It's like telling people to stop buying cable TV because you don't like Comcast. It just doesn't work because there are no substitutes for people to switch to.

I agree that EA doesn't "owe" anybody anything, but simply telling someone not to buy the game is disingenuous and isn't productive.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
If a company has a monopoly over a market (as EA does over NFL video games) and does a ****ty job of providing the product, the only thing you can do is take your case public and try to get it changed. It's like telling people to stop buying cable TV because you don't like Comcast. It just doesn't work because there are no substitutes for people to switch to.

I agree that EA doesn't "owe" anybody anything, but simply telling someone not to buy the game is disingenuous and isn't productive.
A person can kick, scream and let their collective voices be heard from the mountaintops, as it has been on here for the past decade, but, in the end, they will make their own game.

It's been proven since the last decade and it won't change.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #20
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A person can kick, scream and let their collective voices be heard from the mountaintops, as it has been on here for the past decade, but, in the end, they will make their own game.

It's been proven since the last decade and it won't change.
Maybe you're right, but we'll see, and it doesn't hurt to point out the game's shortcomings and suggest ways to make it better. And maybe times are changing. Money can be a powerful motivator.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Maybe you're right, but we'll see, and it doesn't hurt to point out the game's shortcomings and suggest ways to make it better. And maybe times are changing. Money can be a powerful motivator.
Doesn't hurt, I agree, but, like I said, it's been going on a decade of people pointing out the shortcomings and making suggestions.

I really don't think Madden is afraid of an unlicensed game like BB was, but that is going off topic in this specific forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

All I just want to know is if will there be some way to customize the draft classes. I'm talking name, height, weight, school, age, ratings, appearance and position.

Last edited by BJNT; 05-18-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #23
Rookie

GaspipeGorgeous's Arena

Quote:

Thank you for pointing out the distinction that when a company has a monopoly over the market which in itself is "illegal" and then doesn't cater to that market there is a problem. Yes, I know Mr. Looman and EA don't owe me anything personally and it is a little hard to simply not buy the game when it is the ONLY product in it's market. Let me rephrase, when the exclusivity ends and eventually one day it will and another developer creates a football game it will be much easier to jump ship then EA will be in tremendous trouble. If they were pushing the pace with the game and striving to be as innovative as possible such as 2K for example it would not matter if they lost exclusivity because they would still be offering the best product. 2K is a perfect example of this (NBA) even when they are at the top they are not complacent, they continue to raise the bar so when the NBA Live series starts up again they don't even come close to a threat. So in the end yes Mr. Looman and EA don't personally owe me anything rather they owe it to themselves because in the long run this way of doing things is going to catch up to them
Old 05-18-2015, 12:50 AM   #24
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
All I just want to know is if there will there be some way to customize the draft classes. I'm talking name, height, weight, school, age, ratings, appearance and position.
WANT WANT WANT
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »