Home

Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM

This is a discussion on Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

So I have been thinking about ways the Madden team could add some “life” to a really sterile and stale CFM experience. These are not gameplay improvements mind you. Those issues are separate. I will post a bunch of areas that I have had some ideas about. First up are injuries:

• More of them……In my current CFM about a half dozen teams have ZERO injuries and have had them for going on 5-6 weeks. I don’t think that has ever happened in the NFL. Real Injury rates need to be reflected in Madden, as an option at least. More single game injuries that require roster juggling, filling holes etc... I can understand some guys may not want to play through a season where their roster is decimated buy injuries but some of us welcome it….

• Madden treats injuries in a robotic fashion. A player goes down and they are out X number of weeks. They come back on that date, never sooner, never later. Upon return the player plays as if the injury never happened. They play at full speed, full strength, no re-injury risk etc….. As we know injuries in the NFL have tremendous impact on a teams season in a dynamic way. Now granted it can impact a madden season as well if a stud or several good players are lost in a season but it is not dynamic. Their are no decision to be made about the injury report once the player goes down except to put them on the IR and the option to sit or play them in game, which I like and is in the spirit of this idea…..

• Lets say for instance my tight end has a high ankle sprain. Initial reports say 4-8 weeks for recovery. After 4 weeks madden alerts you that the player may take the field in a limited capacity. His speed and route running ratings take a hit but they still may be a better option then your backup. But his injury rating is lowered so you have a chance of re-aggravating the injury. You now have a decision to make. You’re the 2-8 Browns….sit him until healthy, no need to put him at risk, you’re the 6-4 Raiders, fighting for a playoff spot….you may want to put him in if he can be a difference maker.

• Madden should allow for some injuries to be played through over the course of a season, where a guy is limited or sees a reduction in ratings for several games or even the remainder of a season if a player is put on the field. They may get injured, miss absolutely no games and still be injured/be impacted on the field by injury. Can be tied into toughness rating.

• Injuries should have a memory, in real life some injuries can be recovered from and never impact a player again but some nag a player for a season or even an entire career and pop up again and again. Madden should reflect that as well. For players with low injury ratings these injuries should have that memory. As it is now every injury is just a random dice roll of injury type/ number of weeks.

• On this note some injuries can permanently impact a players ability. (Look at Jerod Mayo on the Patriots. Stud on defense, 2 or 3 great seasons, he looked to be the anchor of that defense for the next 12 years… A series of major injuries that de-railed him, permanent impact on his ability to play. Hung around for 3 or 4 more years but was passed on the depth chart by younger players and is now out of the league at 30.

• Early recovery/Nagging injuries. Again some injuries are recovered from early and some players just cant get back on the field even after the presumed recovery period passes…Tie it into the player toughness rating.

• Career Ending injuries- Madden used to have them and they added a cool element to the game. Maybe a situation where someone hurts their back or neck and cant play ever again…..Maybe they are a QB that has had 2 or 3 shoulder injuries ( remember injury memory) and their rating is permanently impacting throw strength, accuracy etc, although they may still want to play they are so bad that they are effectively retired because of lack of interest. They could sit in free agency for a while and then retire.

Just a few ideas on injuries that add life and an organic feel to a robotic CFM. Thoughts/other ideas related to injury?

Other topics to follow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to add "life" to a stale CFM

We upped injuries in our 32 man CFM to simply make depth and team building actually matter. This way Guys can't just sign top players and neglect the backups. Currently, the issue is there aren't many, if any injuries away from the ball. The only players getting injured are ball handlers and the guys making tackles. I wish there more injuries away from the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Great list!! And yeah offensivd lineman never get hurt unless its a simmed game.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Good point a I forgot to put that on the list but agree, off ball injuries need to happen. Thats important to make sure injury distribution in games is not disprapportionately affecting QB/Skill positions or tacklers on defense
Old 03-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Agreed with everything you said, they should look at the injury system from head coach. Also make scouting injuries in college actually matter, have guys fail physicals and have concerns and slide in the draft.

The gameplay in madden this year was pretty decent the problem is when i play cfm I get so bored so quickly bc it's static, basically a bunch of play now games. Give it life, give players some personality, give me training camp drills, camp battles, contract negations, holdouts. I want the drama of the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
Good point a I forgot to put that on the list but agree, off ball injuries need to happen. Thats important to make sure injury distribution in games is not disprapportionately affecting QB/Skill positions or tacklers on defense
Offensive linemen never get injured when playing and only once in awhile when simming.

I don't know if everyone is experiencing what I am with qb's though.I supersim the first half and play the second half of every game and qb's are getting hurt at an alarming rate.I went down to keeping only 2 qb's for every team and this helps some with injury length because now it seems as though they don't stay out for multiple weeks.They get hurt when simming or playing.I had 11 starting qb's hurt after week 3 but now it's calmed down to a degree.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Offensive linemen never get injured when playing and only once in awhile when simming.

I don't know if everyone is experiencing what I am with qb's though.I supersim the first half and play the second half of every game and qb's are getting hurt at an alarming rate.I went down to keeping only 2 qb's for every team and this helps some with injury length because now it seems as though they don't stay out for multiple weeks.They get hurt when simming or playing.I had 11 starting qb's hurt after week 3 but now it's calmed down to a degree.

Sim injuries are crazy this year. We have to turn off injuries if there any games that are being simmed because they They happen to often. Seems like it's mostly QBs that get hurt even with higher injury sliders. 90 injury mariota gets hurt every season for me. Same with my buddies Falcons with 92 injury Matt Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cajungodfather; 03-20-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

you can get career ending in current game, ive seen it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »