Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #113
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
6 sacks per game. Oh yeah. I remember why I stopes playing madden 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) Curb the ongoing HUM versus CPU sack issue, to generate realistic totals in game and over the course of a season

2) CPU QB Accuracy and AWR continues to need to be revamped (less of the former, more of the latter)...

3) Confidence should be of lesser impact and reset to default each season...

IF they can do that, we can figure out how to beat the rest of it out of this thing...

"Keep it Simple"
Old 06-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #114
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Does any one know if they changed the Pass accuracy Ranges?
All I could find is Madden 25 information.

- Short Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws under 20 yards.
- Medium Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws of 20-40 yards.
- Deep Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws greater than 40 yards.

If the above info is correct. I'd like to see these numbers come
down a bit..

Short 0 to 10
Medium 10 to 20
Long 20 to 40

Only QBs with great arm strength should be able
to 40+..

Anyone know what the ranges will be for Madden 16?
Just something to think about when it comes to those ranges, and I'm not sure if this is actually how it works or not, but I believe the ranges are from where the QB throws the ball, not from the line of scrimmage. So 40+ yards is really closer to 30+ yards downfield when you consider the dropback. Regardless, I still agree with your point that QB's with sub par arm strength should have a lot tougher time getting the ball downfield. As it stands now it doesn't seem like distance is affected much at all and even then speed also isn't affected much either.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #115
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just something to think about when it comes to those ranges, and I'm not sure if this is actually how it works or not, but I believe the ranges are from where the QB throws the ball, not from the line of scrimmage. So 40+ yards is really closer to 30+ yards downfield when you consider the dropback. Regardless, I still agree with your point that QB's with sub par arm strength should have a lot tougher time getting the ball downfield. As it stands now it doesn't seem like distance is affected much at all and even then speed also isn't affected much either.
Yes, LOS is not important, except to know how far the QB is from the LOS when he throws.

Total AIR yards are defined here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...ir-yards/2014/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #116
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I made a similar post on the cfm features people want to see and it has gotten good feedback, so what would your top 5 improvements for gameplay look like?

For me I would say based on this thread, they would be...

1. Player movement
2. Player Sense & awareness
3. Blocking Logic & AI
4. CPU QB AI
5. Tackling, removal of suction, gang tackling, etc...

Do you guys agree those are the top 5? Do you think any of those will be addressed in M16?
Old 06-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #117
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

What needs to be corrected, on the subject of passing, is that Quarterbacks don't under throw as much as is shown in Madden, on long passes, the QB general would over throw more, and that defenders are not always in a "underneith" position..I see no difference between setting coverages for DB's..If I want over the top cover or side line cover, cover it or get cut, but I cannot cut anyone cause all coverage is the same..
Old 06-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #118
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

EA brought in Clint Oldenburg to advise on the offensive line...For the best results, if EA is trying to incorporate real block techniques and assignments, is to also get a person with experience of playing from the defensive side.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #119
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping t...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
EA brought in Clint Oldenburg to advise on the offensive line...For the best results, if EA is trying to incorporate real block techniques and assignments, is to also get a person with experience of playing from the defensive side.

This ^^^^..there is some things missing from the game that involve defense..to also add defensive player/coach would be huge..should really bring in some coaches and go over all these playbooks..most of the defensive playbooks are "bland", lacking proper personal, or just outdated..

Also play calling "system" is also outdated and poorly implemented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 06-06-2015 at 12:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »