Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have had sliders that would shut down the run...Even soften the effect of the 01 Trap..

THe main problem I see is just play calling by the CPU...A couple of the Sugar plays I know stop the 01 Trap...Human v Human can stop the runs...

My fear is, if EA/Tiburon starts tinkering with the run game, which is my favorite, then teams will be lucky to get any yardage...I do not adhere to the idea of trying to get perfect NFL statistic results, especially when playing against the CPU; just impossible...

I am fine with EA/Tiburon making a tougher game play level above All-Madden, but I do not like the idea of the main game play being too difficult against the CPU cause that will just get even more difficult against human players..

I'll add - in M15, 3-4 defenses play the run better, especially like any game plan with the 3-4 Bear.
Zone blitzes seem to work on Traps; such as Mike 3 show 2...Pittsburgh's Game plan seems to do very well at stopping the Trap in general..
Yeah the playcalling from the CPU to stop runs up the middle runs is bad too. I'm not just talking about trap plays. Dives plays mainly out of single back is money to. Your usually guaranteed 1-3 yards if you make the right cut. DTs never penetrate and push the pocket back. Once in a while you'll get an LB fly through the lane and smash the run but not enough. I don't want them to just make it super hard but I would like for it to be adjustable with sliders. If I'm going up against a defensd with a strong Dline with run stuffing DTs I expect to have trouble running up the middle against them. I played too many games, and watched a bunch of games from my friends who streamed it for me and continued to see that same issue with runs up the middle. I didn't always have monster games running but short yardage runs was almost guaranteed. But you are right you can stop the run good in USER vs USER. Playing against the CPU is the issue.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #50
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

As far as I can tell, the AI never "commits" on a play, despite whatever tendency I display. I can call Goal Line or Singleback Jumbo runs up the middle on 100% of 3rd and 2 or less situations, but the AI will never commit to a run up the middle, and half the time is sitting back in some Cover 2/3 Zone variant.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:24 AM   #51
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
As far as I can tell, the AI never "commits" on a play, despite whatever tendency I display. I can call Goal Line or Singleback Jumbo runs up the middle on 100% of 3rd and 2 or less situations, but the AI will never commit to a run up the middle, and half the time is sitting back in some Cover 2/3 Zone variant.
The AI in my opinion could be programmed to at least select a play that could best matchup with whatever the offense calls...The computer knows what play I call to begin with..

I do believe there is a system setup, call it the come back system, or whatever, but it does feel there are times that you cannot stop the CPU offense, and if this is true, surely a better CPU defensive play calling system can be created...I would hope at least.

Being able to edit playbooks that the CPU would recognize as their team playbook would be awesome...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-21-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #52
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Being able to edit playbooks that the CPU would recognize as their team playbook would be awesome...
This is another thing that needs to be addressed. The gameplan for playbooks is great but it is so underutilized compared to what it could be and it is really a shame that we can't apply custom playbooks to the CPU in CFM. All the gameplans for teams only have like 20 plays per situation and a lot of them are identical for each situation which is why the CPU calls so many verticals, slants, and curls. And the same goes for the defense. I really hope they expanded upon the situations and made the gameplans use them to their full potential.

I feel like the plays should have the situation applied to them rather than the other way around, that way every play could be utilized in as many situations as needed and no plays went completely unused.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:08 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Just look at the end of the play how four players use the same animation at the same exact time. SMH. That type of stuff just looks bad. If it was once every 1,000 plays fine, but stuff like that happens far too often. The game just lacks variety. It's just not an intelligent looking or playing game.

You hit it right on the nail.. That kinda of stuff hits home. It's completely inexcusable and just down right embarrassing if you ask me...

I don't know about most, but that clearly shows the lack of quality Madden Dev team is putting out. If I could ever meet and sit down with the Lead Designer, aside from animations that Vid Clip above would be something I would show him and then ask him what's up with this?? Why is this still happening?? It's 2015 and this is still happening??

Heck if I worked for their team of Dev's, I would sit down with the entire team and ask, do any of you see a problem here?? Does anything in that clip look odd to you?? Is this excusable?? Why are we not getting to the core and fixing this issues that has plagued Madden games for so long??! Our Madden fans and football gamer fans deserve better than this??! But that's just me.. Honestly if they haven't fixed these things by now its because they can't, they might just lack the talent to do so.. imo...

Last edited by Papa D; 05-21-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:14 AM   #54
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Players reaching for first downs, and the Defense's tackling (aggressive or conservative), impacts how well they succeed in getting the 1st.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 19

Player Ratings Editing inside of CFM Mode which impacts "Gameplay" and what plays out on the field directly.

Much of the Gameplay/Animation complaints can be eliminated right now if Ratings Editings was allowed with the Draft Classes.

There are animations that are there but never play out due to the "High" levels the ratings are generated with.
- min generated Tackle Rating of 50'ish eliminates Power Backs dragging a player 2-3 yards on a tackle attempt.
- that Peterson int push off is already there by any player having a 90+ Stiff Arm.
- Def players in a trail position looking back at the QB while running due to the high Play Rec Rating and how heavily its weighted for Player Sense 2.0.

Also an All-22 from the side (ie True Press Box View) would help this game out a lot.
There's a glitch that sometimes play out during Kick Offs on Broadcast Cam that show All-22 then starts to zoom towards the ball carrier (Beautiful, just gorgeous!!!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Icon14 Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Player Ratings Editing inside of CFM Mode which impacts "Gameplay" and what plays out on the field directly.

Much of the Gameplay/Animation complaints can be eliminated right now if Ratings Editings was allowed with the Draft Classes.

There are animations that are there but never play out due to the "High" levels the ratings are generated with.
- min generated Tackle Rating of 50'ish eliminates Power Backs dragging a player 2-3 yards on a tackle attempt.
- that Peterson int push off is already there by any player having a 90+ Stiff Arm.
- Def players in a trail position looking back at the QB while running due to the high Play Rec Rating and how heavily its weighted for Player Sense 2.0.

Also an All-22 from the side (ie True Press Box View) would help this game out a lot.
There's a glitch that sometimes play out during Kick Offs on Broadcast Cam that show All-22 then starts to zoom towards the ball carrier (Beautiful, just gorgeous!!!)
Not only this. I would like to be able to fix players who drastically fall of the next season just because of an injury or age. The progression system is flat out terrible on Madden. Seeing guys like Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Romo and Eli fall all the way down to the 70s after year 1 or 2 was horrible to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »