Home

Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #49
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just to kind of reiterate how much better the game could look in my opinion if they adjusted the colors and lighting. As with the others I made, these aren't perfect by any means but they just show the issues with colors and vibrance in-game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I originally thought that Luck pic looked pretty good, but WOW, what a difference that makes. The way you made the white Colts jerseys and helmets really pop... I really never paid too much attention to the colors even though I'm a huge graphics guy, but the difference here is unbelievable.

If all else fails with animations and gameplay, I really wish Madden Football would at least be pleasant to look at. What is stopping them...?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
All that you wrote may be true, but they just ported the game over from PS3 and X-Box 360 to the new-gen systems. If they actually made the game to take advantage of the X-Box One and PS4... what kind of game could we have then???

It really doesn't matter though, because as much as you Mods want to deny that Montana 16 exists, it does, and it will be at E3 and everything that I have learned, it will blow Madden away! So we won't have to deal with all the problems that have plagued Madden the past decade... we'll now have a CHOICE to play another, much better game. And that is all people have wanted since 2005.
= Me thinking about having another Next Gen Football option. Or should I say, a game specifically designed for this generation! A TRUE next gen football experience! Hell yeah! The other game won't be some half efforted port using an implemented game engine from almost a decade ago.

Screenshots look ok. Nothing to get excited about.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Not a fan of the following screens and I'll give my reason(s) below

I don't like these two screenshots from a technique standpoint. Professional WR's like CJ and AJ who have been around as long as they have look terrible technique wise in these shots. AJ looks like he's begging for the penalty off the line of scrimmage and Calvin looks like he got thrown. Professional WR's know that you gotta chop the CB's hands once he gets them into you, not throw your arm up in the air to get radically thrown off of what you are supposed to be doing in your route. I'm not a fan of what's going on in these two shots with these two players. Yes they are going against Sherman and PP7 (who was not that good last year) but it looks like the same win loss formula at the line is there and it also looks like the WR is still a slave to the press in 2 zone where the CB's are playing the flat.

This one looks ok technique wise but it still has problems. I can't be sure but it still looks like the CB is lunging at the WR which is a big no no. I get that the current system from the last few years is there as a way to show wins and losses off the line but it really should have only been a place holder until they would work out better mechanics. It looks like there will be better mechanics, but also the same win/loss off the line previously.

This one actually looks like really good downfield WR/CB play. Biggest question I have here is will I be able to put the football 1) over and 2) on the outside for only Brown to make a play on it? We've had these type of scenarios in the past only to have the CB sky with one arm/hand in the air to either swat it or intercept it; couldn't put it outside for Brown.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-22-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #52
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
If they actually made the game to take advantage of the X-Box One and PS4... what kind of game could we have then???
We could have a fantastic game, yes. Or we could have another XBOX 360 Madden NFL 06, which in my opinion was an awful game.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #53
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just to kind of reiterate how much better the game could look in my opinion if they adjusted the colors and lighting. As with the others I made, these aren't perfect by any means but they just show the issues with colors and vibrance in-game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Can any game changers get this to EA? JPdavis can you get this to them? The lighting is off big time. It's just too damn dark...i mean come on now look at the difference illustrated here.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

This one actually looks like really good downfield WR/CB play. Biggest question I have here is will I be able to put the football 1) over and 2) on the outside for only Brown to make a play on it? We've had these type of scenarios in the past only to have the CB sky with one arm/hand in the air to either swat it or intercept it; couldn't put it outside for Brown.
All the technique issues I'm behind, and I've said these things to them many times, but no dice.

Addressing the last photo comment, that right there is what made this game so anger-inducing. In the real NFL, these are routine throws that pro QB's make regularly especially nowadays with how pass-happy the league has evolved into. But in Madden 15, you could literally have a DB beat deep (and we're even talking elite QB throwing to elite WR on garbage DB) and somehow, MIRACULOUSLY that DB would either speed up and knock it down, or the receiver would catch the pass SECURE IT, and then somehow drop it without any help from the DB to do it.

The fact that they compartmentalize pro football and overpower a single aspect and market it for the season is why we have nonsense like that. So this year, I imagine you'll be able to make these throws again, but I also imagine you'll be able to make them toooo often, creating a new problem. Tiburon has seldom ever been good at balance.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #55
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Can any game changers get this to EA? JPdavis can you get this to them? The lighting is off big time. It's just too damn dark...i mean come on now look at the difference illustrated here.
I'd really like to see one of the gamechangers get this to EA...that would be huge. I'd imagine they could tweak the lighting. It makes these shots look a lot better.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #56
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This! Where are the Living Worlds we were promised? I know Clint tweeted something to the effect of they bit off more than they could chew when they made the transition front last gen, but can the sidelines get a little love? I'm not expectin sideline players to have the same graphical fidelity as players on the field but can they be a little more detailed? Can we at least get player names on the back of sideline players jerseys? Can we at least get them to react properly to what's happening on the field? Can we at least get some cheerleaders & mascots? Are there woman & children finally in the crowd this year? Are camera men still wearing shorts & t-shirts in snow games? I mean is this stuff too much to ask?

I know game play is obviously most important, but with the power of these Next Gen consoles there's no reason for attention to detail to continue to be neglected year after year. I'm all about immersion so I hope EA addresses these things as well as game play. Step it up EA!
Agreed, cmon now if it's in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »