Home

Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

This is a discussion on Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #33
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And to add to that... what about Formation Subs being done and set BEFORE you get into the game? Like NCAA had it.
I don't even know how long we've been asking for formation subs.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #34
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I don't even know how long we've been asking for formation subs.
Too. Damn. Long.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
As a longtime MLB player, I'm really glad that Kolbe (a former SCEA dev for those who don't know) is starting to make an impact at Tiburon.
Just give me a Madden NFL version of MLB the Show and I would finally be a happy camper.
But unfortunately, it sounds like Madden is in such a mess that it will always be a WORK-IN-PROGRESS. A glorified $60.00 Patch every year. What's the ETA on when we will finally get the complete game? I have my hopes with Kolby but I also had these same hopes when Josh Looman came from NFL HeadCoach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Just give me a Madden NFL version of MLB the Show and I would finally be a happy camper.
But unfortunately, it sounds like Madden is in such a mess that it will always be a WORK-IN-PROGRESS. A glorified $60.00 Patch every year. What's the ETA on when we will finally get the complete game? I have my hopes with Kolby but I also had these same hopes when Josh Looman came from NFL HeadCoach.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Josh been on the team for nearly 20 years? I know he came from Head Coach, but I think Kolbe coming from MLB The Show is a little different, not to mention Kolbe is in a higher position of rank than Josh was.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #37
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
As a longtime MLB player, I'm really glad that Kolbe (a former SCEA dev for those who don't know) is starting to make an impact at Tiburon.
Seriously. His involvement gives me so much more confidence (specifically for CFM).
Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #38
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Any improvements are welcome, especially to legacy issues and CFM, as I have not been able to get into CFM as I want to; I really miss HEad COach 09, so I am hoping for something more like that game...

I do enjoy MUT because they who dealing for your favorite players is fun...

But at the end of the day, what matters most is how the game holds up on the field..WR/DB and OL/DB interactions...Animations...Letting the play run out; I didn't like that as soon as a player crossed the endzone, for example, they dropped the ball and went into a dance; same with going out of bounds, let us hit through and get a penalty; let us get late hits on players and QB's; though this may be an NFL request as not to promote the violent game of football as being violent...LOL

and physics, we need realistic tackle animations, etc etc..general realistic contact..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-22-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
But at the end of the day, what matters most is how the game holds up on the field..WR/DB and OL/DB interactions...Animations...Letting the play run out; I didn't like that as soon as a player crossed the endzone, for example, they dropped the ball and went into a dance; same with going out of bounds, let us hit through and get a penalty; let us get late hits on players and QB's; though this may be an NFL request as not to promote the violent game of football as being violent...LOL

and physics, we need realistic tackle animations, etc etc..general realistic contact..
That is my biggest fear as well. That all time and effort (or the majority of it) has gone into tidying up CFM, MUT and other "modes" the game has, and the basic on field issues we have seen for years will still be present. That will kill the game for me.

I understand the need and want for Madden to get things right and make things easier in the areas in which people want to be GM and manage all areas of the franchise. But I still believe game play is #1 and if there are glaring issues on the field, what does all the other stuff mean anyway??

I am hoping that in the near future we start seeing info on exactly what they did cleanup and fix from on the field items. Not generic "we worked on tightening up game play" explanations. I am hoping they can address the issues you mentioned above at a minimum, along with the other major issues like sideline awareness, sacks, QB accuracy, penalties, blocking, etc.

C
Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
That is my biggest fear as well. That all time and effort (or the majority of it) has gone into tidying up CFM, MUT and other "modes" the game has, and the basic on field issues we have seen for years will still be present. That will kill the game for me.

I understand the need and want for Madden to get things right and make things easier in the areas in which people want to be GM and manage all areas of the franchise. But I still believe game play is #1 and if there are glaring issues on the field, what does all the other stuff mean anyway??

I am hoping that in the near future we start seeing info on exactly what they did cleanup and fix from on the field items. Not generic "we worked on tightening up game play" explanations. I am hoping they can address the issues you mentioned above at a minimum, along with the other major issues like sideline awareness, sacks, QB accuracy, penalties, blocking, etc.

C
Based on the information Kolbe gave us, he stated that the resources for this year went to CFM and game play.

We'll need to see what was worked on in the near future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »