Home

Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

This is a discussion on Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

ok so its not alot of info, but alittle taste tester if you will about CFM for madden 16. Listen in and gather what you can from it. https://youtu.be/V2wewe-VKgY

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Tiny morsel of info about CFM for Madden 16

Seems like we might be able to control all 32 teams without having to constantly switch profiles!!!!!
SWEET BABY JEEEEEZUS, YOU'VE LISTENED TO MY PRAYERS! (at least I hope that's what Kolbe meant)
Old 05-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Seems like we might be able to control all 32 teams without having to constantly switch profiles!!!!!
SWEET BABY JEEEEEZUS, YOU'VE LISTENED TO MY PRAYERS! (at least I hope that's what Kolbe meant)
I missed that part I guess, but I was listening to it in on the way to work,when does he say that?
Old 05-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Would be nice if CPU vs. CPU for offline CFM was in, but I won't hold my breath. If NHL can do it, so can Madden.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I missed that part I guess, but I was listening to it in on the way to work,when does he say that?
He mentions it when he starts talking about changes to the hub.... Basically said they're trying to make things easier to handle for those who control multiple teams.
So it's not a direct reference to it, but it doesn't seem like a far fetched assumption imo.

I've asked him on Twitter, hope he confirms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

So he said there are two guys working on tuning, Looman is one of them. I hope they learned from the confidence stuff and regression , and goals and they get them right in their "tuning".......as in adjust them properly , cause it sure seemed like they just tossed numbers out there for it all last year. With no real logic , testing or reasoning.Hope they do better with it this year.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So he said there are two guys working on tuning, Looman is one of them. I hope they learned from the confidence stuff and regression , and goals and they get them right in their "tuning".......as in adjust them properly , cause it sure seemed like they just tossed numbers out there for it all last year. With no real logic , testing or reasoning.Hope they do better with it this year.
The Confidence issue was brought up; it sounds like changes were made to the confidence system..
Confidence comes up at ~10:18. also brings up development of players and scouting..2 full time designers just on CFM...The death spiral of confidence appears to be a thing of the past.

They start getting into the actual interview at about 2:33.

CFM scouting will be improved, as well as practices.

Sounds like they expanded the number of people working on CFM; with programmers in Austin, tx., and Orlando, fl.

Creative Director Kolbe Launchbaugh, who seems to be in charge of CFM and Rex Dickson, gameplay director, if I got that right, were given the responsibility of deciding where resources were to be used in this madden cycle; so it sounds like gameplay and CFM got the bulk of the resources, this cycle.

Overhaul of CFM HUB(15:10): easier to manage team, easier to adjust depth chart, easier to train players, easier to hire & fire, easier let go of free agents, everything for coach and owner made much easier and clearer to do, added "niceties" for multiplayer online leagues, some additions for the hardcore multiplayer league users to manage their league, better integration of the draft, extensive work on scouting to make it more important so the draft is more important past the 1st round(sounds like it is going to be a lot harder to know the best players to draft by just scouting a couple areas)...

It was brought up by the interviewer that NCAA Football 14 had a lot of great stuff that people liked, and noted that a number of people were brought over from NCAA to Madden, and it began sounding like there will be some NCAA 14 influence going into how things are done in CFM..(18:15, starts this talk) THe interviewer stated that he believed a lot of Madden players would love a lot of what was in NCAA 15, scouting and possibly dynasty style? and the Kolbe replied, yeah me too.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-22-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The Confidence issue was brought up; it sounds like changes were made to the confidence system..
Yes and he said Looman and another guy had worked on "tuning" , he was talking about all those things i mentioned. Im just hoping their "tuning" is correct and not still ending up jacked up.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »