Home

All new running animations and QB Dropbacks?

This is a discussion on All new running animations and QB Dropbacks? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Will Madden 16 finally have all new running animations and also much improved QB drop backs?

These are my 2 must haves year after year after year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Re: All new running animations and QB Dropbacks?

Well you know how they love to brag about their "new" features and they haven't said anything about it so I'm guessing no...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Well you know how they love to brag about their "new" features and they haven't said anything about it so I'm guessing no...
Rex said himself WR/DB interactions was the first gameplay feature revealed and that there are a LOT more things to be revealed in the weeks to come before E3. So no we haven't seen everything coming in gameplay, Rex said it so we'll wait and see.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex said himself WR/DB interactions was the first gameplay feature revealed and that there are a LOT more things to be revealed in the weeks to come before E3. So no we haven't seen everything coming in gameplay, Rex said it so we'll wait and see.
And even that hasn't truly been revealed yet. Also looking forward to seeing what that has to offer. Can't wait to see what else they have in store as usual. It's gonna take alot to get 60 this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I would like to see players not get stuck on the back of other players - it is very prominent when running the ball, but it happens on defense too...

This is an issue that I believe was supposed to be taken care of in past iterations of the game, so I hope it is addressed, successfully, in M16..
Old 05-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

God no. I think it would be too much work, really. There has to be a reason it hasnt been tried yet. Im talking about player specific running styles. I bet doing it would multiply the amount of animation work needed to make sure transitions blend correctly.

Theyll learn at some point, though. One of these gens we will get it I'm sure. I mean, face scanning and carefully chosen player ratings is not the finish line of player likeness.

These pro sport franchises are popular because of the players and their marketability. Marshawn Lynch is immediately recognizable on the field. His image, running style, swagger, demeanor all make him unique. So he breaks from the huddle and walks to his position in Madden looking like himself, but the illusion is shattered when he starts running.

I'm not saying try to motion capture a bunch of pro athletes individually. But they have had different running styles on the field at once, like how linemen run differently. I hope someday there is a library of different styles, so they can get each player as close as possible.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
God no. I think it would be too much work, really. There has to be a reason it hasnt been tried yet. Im talking about player specific running styles. I bet doing it would multiply the amount of animation work needed to make sure transitions blend correctly.

Theyll learn at some point, though. One of these gens we will get it I'm sure. I mean, face scanning and carefully chosen player ratings is not the finish line of player likeness.

These pro sport franchises are popular because of the players and their marketability. Marshawn Lynch is immediately recognizable on the field. His image, running style, swagger, demeanor all make him unique. So he breaks from the huddle and walks to his position in Madden looking like himself, but the illusion is shattered when he starts running.

I'm not saying try to motion capture a bunch of pro athletes individually. But they have had different running styles on the field at once, like how linemen run differently. I hope someday there is a library of different styles, so they can get each player as close as possible.
Madden 07 had signature running styles. It also had better lighting and grass that actually LOOKED like grass (could've used a mowing, but whatever), but that's another topic... and that game sucked.

Not that any of the Madden's from this or last gen were great games, but it's interesting how this development has these spots where they've regressed in immediately noticeable areas. For a game that has gotten by so long on flash rather than substance, things like this being off are a bit of a puzzler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »