Home

Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience?

This is a discussion on Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Ok - what's the difference (rhetorical question)?
I read recycling to mean like how Madden NFL handled the reintroduction of Owner Mode into the game for Madden NFL 25. Owner Mode was gone for a while, then came back with a few new bells and whistles.

Reimplementation, however - Madden has continuously had some sort of control mechanic for leading receivers called "Total Control Passing" since... 2001, I think? It has been significantly changed a few times, including this year apparently, but it was never ripped out of the game outright. That's reimplementation.

That said, I think it's fair to withhold judgment on the reimplementation until we see it in action, given that so many people want to see inaccurate passes and simply haven't seen enough to their liking regardless the incarnation of the mechanic.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Madden's done just about everything right.Too bad you'd have to take something from just about every version from the past ten years to get that near perfect game.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I want to understand at what point does informing the general public and calling out this seemingly unethical practice become encouraged instead of ridiculed and/or brushed off. In reference to OS, there has been a lot of inside information and things exposed about Madden on this site over the years, that while allowing it to remain posted, hasn't been put out front like the more balanced or pro-Madden elements. Some people confuse truth with balance or even requiring some silver lining but truth needs no such caveats, it is what it is. If that turns out to have balance, fine, if not, fine but adding things onto truth to make it less blunt, fair or "constructive" is no longer truth.

There seems to be this unwritten rule, that some of the more independent video game media don't adhere to thankfully, where Madden gets some kind of pass or benefit of the doubt prerelease, in spite of its' track record. I'm referring to what the Op is, when they tout some feature as new or functioning in a certain way, even after that turned out bunk the first or second time they announced the same feature in the past and just the general track record of Madden's features. I don't get how that gets a pass every year, especially this time of year, how many times does a company get to provide snake oil but allowed to market it as tonic? It's cool that some people can deal with snake oil and that it's profitable but that's besides the point to marketing it to solicit to those that want tonic and not being calling out for it.

I have a link that I keep debating about when to post because I want to believe the game will be what they claim this time and this all isn't some twisted EA marketing playbook or blueprint. However it's difficult discerning at what point does benefit of the doubt or hope become enabling and potentially allowing others to be duped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #12
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I want to understand at what point does informing the general public and calling out this seemingly unethical practice become encouraged instead of ridiculed and/or brushed off. In reference to OS, there has been a lot of inside information and things exposed about Madden on this site over the years, that while allowing it to remain posted, hasn't been put out front like the more balanced or pro-Madden elements. Some people confuse truth with balance or even requiring some silver lining but truth needs no such caveats, it is what it is. If that turns out to have balance, fine, if not, fine but adding things onto truth to make it less blunt, fair or "constructive" is no longer truth.

There seems to be this unwritten rule, that some of the more independent video game media don't adhere to thankfully, where Madden gets some kind of pass or benefit of the doubt prerelease, in spite of its' track record. I'm referring to what the Op is, when they tout some feature as new or functioning in a certain way, even after that turned out bunk the first or second time they announced the same feature in the past and just the general track record of Madden's features. I don't get how that gets a pass every year, especially this time of year, how many times does a company get to provide snake oil but allowed to market it as tonic? It's cool that some people can deal with snake oil and that it's profitable but that's besides the point to marketing it to solicit to those that want tonic and not being calling out for it.

I have a link that I keep debating about when to post because I want to believe the game will be what they claim this time and this all isn't some twisted EA marketing playbook or blueprint. However it's difficult discerning at what point does benefit of the doubt or hope become enabling and potentially allowing others to be duped.
If you don't want to post the link would you mind pm'ing it to me? I like knowing what other people think and their ideas
Old 05-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #13
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Worst part about it is that when EA does this it's because it allows them to disregard other problems in the game. Why try and make a new feature that people might not like when you can just fix something that didn't really work that well in the past?
Old 05-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #14
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Worst part about it is that when EA does this it's because it allows them to disregard other problems in the game. Why try and make a new feature that people might not like when you can just fix something that didn't really work that well in the past?
The thing is its necessary to fix the stff that didn't work in the past, the problem I have is that when EA says they've fixed stuff they release the game and it's either not fixed or breaks another part of the game. How many years have we heard they have fixed sim stats to be more realistic? NBA 2k has a setting that lets you adjust the length of simmed quarters, so if you play 8 min quarters you can make the simmed stats reflect that. Why is it not possible for that to be implemented in madden?
Old 05-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #15
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am still waiting for the the realistic inaccuracies...
I've recently been playing on All-Madden (after playing All-Pro forever), and some of the inaccurate throws, from Eli Manning, are just totally unbelievable. One play, I went to throw a slant to Cruz, and Eli threw the ball at least 10 feet over his head, and almost was picked by a Cover 3 safety. Totally unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

I'm of the opinion that most people who play Madden simply don't care about any of their Machiavellian Marketing Machinations. Something is introduced, maybe it was taken out and brought back with a different name or even the same name, it doesn't matter. People only care it they like it or not or if it works or not. I don't think anyone is being duped.

If you guys want to call them out on it, OK, sure, but I don't think people are going to rally to that cause. Those who will are those who are already in the choir, warming up their voices. I don't feel like the people who call Madden out are being ridiculed, but I don't think that it is going to be encouraged either, because I don't think that most think that it is that big a deal.

If tomorrow they brought back "Liquid AI", some here would go Chernobyl and call them every name in the book, but I really believe that the majority of folks would be like, "Trying to bring that back ehh? It was garbage last time, hope it actually works this time," Something worthy of a SMH, but not much more.

You disagree of course, but I feel like that is the reality of the situation.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »