Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

I am all for giving customers as many options as possible but personally I see no way most people over 20 would have enough time in their normal days to sit and watch the CPU play each other for hours. I think this feature is good for younger audiences but most people with families would probably never be able to use this feature.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I am all for giving customers as many options as possible but personally I see no way most people over 20 would have enough time in their normal days to sit and watch the CPU play each other for hours. I think this feature is good for younger audiences but most people with families would probably never be able to use this feature.
In what logic does a CPU vs. CPU game take longer than a user vs. CPU game?

The fact is that there isn't much interest in this option (globally speaking). THe reason threads pop up every year is the simple fact that the option isn't there so of course those that do like it on a simulation based website will post about it.

But it has absolutely nothing to do with time or length of game as they're the exact same time as those of us who play against the CPU.

Last edited by kehlis; 06-08-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My thing about the whole CPU v CPU thing:

CPU v CPU is possible in Play Now, yes?

If so, that means someone at Tiburon or EA Austin had to deliberately add into the game the imperative of at least one player in an offline Connected Franchise game.

CPU v CPU is not personally my thing, but it doesn't really make sense to me why it would very deliberately be blocked. It would have likely taken less effort to leave good enough alone, if my assumptions above are correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In what logic does a CPU vs. CPU game take longer than a user vs. CPU game?

The fact is that there isn't much interest in this option (globally speaking). THe reason threads pop up every year is the simple fact that the option isn't there so of course those that do like it on a simulation based website will post about it.

But it has absolutely nothing to do with time or length of game as they're the exact same time as those of us who play against the CPU.
Obviously it takes the same amount of time, my point is if you only have 1-2 hours to play a game, you're probably not going to want to sit and watch the CPU play, you're going to want to get a CFM game in your league or whatever.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Obviously it takes the same amount of time, my point is if you only have 1-2 hours to play a game, you're probably not going to want to sit and watch the CPU play, you're going to want to get a CFM game in your league or whatever.
That's not fair nor is it what you said.

Obviously there are users who want to play CPU vs. CPU. Who are you or I to judge how they want to spend their time?

If they want to play CPU vs. CPU regardless of the effort that goes into that how does that have any bearing on anything in your post?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
That's not fair nor is it what you said.

Obviously there are users who want to play CPU vs. CPU. Who are you or I to judge how they want to spend their time?

If they want to play CPU vs. CPU regardless of the effort that goes into that how does that have any bearing on anything in your post?
Well that is the argument made by the people making the decision about it every year. They are mainly family people and they don't understand people choosing to sit and watch the CPU play if they only have a small amount of time each day. That doesn't mean they won't add the functionality again in the future, I'm just telling you from their perspective they don't see that many people choosing to play that way. However, like I said earlier I'm all for people being able to play how they want and maybe Kolbe & John will allow for that functionality now that Josh isn't the one designing CFM and the vision for it.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Well that is the argument made by the people making the decision about it every year. They are mainly family people and they don't understand people choosing to sit and watch the CPU play if they only have a small amount of time each day. That doesn't mean they won't add the functionality again in the future, I'm just telling you from their perspective they don't see that many people choosing to play that way. However, like I said earlier I'm all for people being able to play how they want and maybe Kolbe & John will allow for that functionality now that Josh isn't the one designing CFM and the vision for it.
Christ.

Josh. Please actually read posts before responding. I basically said the same thing. I'll bold it so you don't miss it this time:

Quote:

Your claim was because it was because people don't have enough time to do that which makes no sense since it takes the same amount of time as a game against the CPU.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like letting the cpu take over when i go grab another beer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »