Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i wish people would stop assuming they know what madden buyers want. the only way decent data could be gleaned would be by a good survey independently created and offered to anyone who wants to submit (1 per email and product code(from any madden version))

i am the only person who can say what i would like and not Josh or anyone else thinking what they are reading means x not y

i would cpu vs cpu, one reason being when the season is over my other half and i can watch in the background if tv is total poo

i want true coach mode as well as i dont like stick skills and im over 50 and both hands have RSI. i want to be GM and call plays, develop the roster and cap the way i want as close to real life as possible

however as im in england EA wont give a crap, funny thing is the NFL realise the potential of countries outside the US. Thees a game here which i believe is quite good called FIFA, think the gameplay works dont know i hate association football. even rugby union sims have smarter AI than madden sometimes
The people you are referring to are Tibouron people, we always hear about the telemetry #'s they use to determine what stays and what is cut out.

JP, maybe if the sliders worked great out of the box without doing an inordinate amount of work for several months, maybe one wouldn't need cpu vs cpu.

I would tell the developers that the telemetry you are discovering because of the current state of sliders not giving a realistic NFL experience, CPU vs CPU would be highly recommended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1

the scouting thing is a great reason

in an older version of madden you watch/play the senior bowl? another string to the bow when evaluating players. if there is a player on another roster i might want to trade for id watch that game to see whether or not its worth pursueing.

i analyse stuff to death when working my roster, this especially when i played hc06/m08 on pc and hc09 on my ps3. the pc stuff made it easy

output league into a csv file and then filter and examine. i would love to watch the probowl cpu v cpu, or if i didnt make the playoffs then the playoffs. if you wanted to change position coaches/coordinators see what gameplan they use to see if they fit your style.

and if i dont have saves in game (for offline) then change to cpu vs cpu while i do the stuff in the house i need to etc and the game finishes

o and scout opposition when they arent playing you.personally i dont have kids so time isnt a issue her indoors will play skyrim while i play madden
Old 06-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #67
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Another plus for having CPU games... Scouting. We all know that ratings aren't the tell tale in Madden. CPU games are a great way to scout potential free agents, and talent for my team... Great tool for picking up those free agent steals after pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just so I understand you better, how would this work in preseason? Would you watch all the preseason games or how would you decide which ones to scout during.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32
CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

Yes, that is correct. I would be scouting UDFAs mainly, because those are the guys who are typically cut first in Madden, then they are moved to free agency, and later removed from the franchise all together. So I would watch pre season games featuring a player I am scouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #69
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have to understand why people want this feature and how they use it before I can try to make any kind of push for it. I can't just say I don't know why people want CPU vs CPU and expect them to seriously consider it. With what you said about other sports games having it, and most of all using it to test sliders without user input, I think I can explain it to the devs in a way that makes sense, whether it be on Twitter or I explain it to the GC's and they pass it along to the devs, or however.
People have given their explanations for why they want it in since the developers of franchise took it out in Madden NFL 13. Some people have different reasons, but the one fact remains: Some would rather be the architect and not the jackhammer.

People want it back in for CFM. If they are so confused as to why people want it in CFM then why did they add it to begin with? They should start there. They should also ponder with why other sporting games have it in their season modes.

Why any other reason is needed is weird to me. Over the past three years, this has been one of the center topic posts. It's obviously not irrelevant.

Last edited by PatsSB2015; 06-11-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #70
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I used to use it in my sports marketing class. I would have my students draft 10 players and auto sim the rest). We would watch the CPU vs CPU games on Fridays while they worked on projects. We had a Super Bowl party and everything. Now I use Madden 08 on the PC.

I also agree about people just wanting to watch a game. Whether you dont make the super bowl and just want to watch, you should be able to.

If it is already in the game, why cant it be in CFM. Their excuse of of it not working in CFM is weak. Super Sim doesnt work correctly in CFM (If i remember correctly)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well... here is to another year of saving $63 (4 years in a row now) and playing Madden 12!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #72
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have to understand why people want this feature and how they use it before I can try to make any kind of push for it. I can't just say I don't know why people want CPU vs CPU and expect them to seriously consider it. With what you said about other sports games having it, and most of all using it to test sliders without user input, I think I can explain it to the devs in a way that makes sense, whether it be on Twitter or I explain it to the GC's and they pass it along to the devs, or however.
Not directed at you JP but I'm reading this stuff thinking "is this real life?", meaning are people actually needing to lobby for a standard element? CPU V CPU is not a "feature", it's just standard in applicable video games, IT"S IN MADDEN Play NOW, just not directly accessible in CFM. CPU V CPU, True coach mode, team select(freely moving controllers between either two teams), 32 team control, player lock, etc, aren't things any sports game should tout as features or need to put on some arbitrary priority list, they should just be inherent in the games design. Madden seems to be handled more and more like some reality show with basic things needing to be voted on and off, it's nonsense, imo.

Then people like yourself come back from Tiburon repeating this stuff as if it makes sense, meaning I get this is what whoever is saying at Tiburon but when gamers like you, TSS, EAGCers etc, start with this "but is that something the majority wants?", it's makes you all sound just as out of touch as them. I don't even utilize it but nobody needs to tell me why they want CPU v CPU in CFM, it should be common sense to anyone that actual plays Madden, past Madden's and/or other sports games. It's akin to them suddenly removing the capability to change uniforms in online H2H, people would go ballistic, even though changing uniform combos isn't some big deal that everyone uses and I bet you they wouldn't ask why or say "lobby to add that to the list of priority features".

My bad for going into all that, all I'm saying JP is the simple answer is that it's personal preference and a standard capability.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »