Home

What happened to living worlds?

This is a discussion on What happened to living worlds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #73
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What happened to living worlds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Nice video jyoung

A big thing for me is crowd noise. I remember for ncaa 13 and 14 I would turn down the volume sliders on everything except have crowd noise mazes out and jack the volume up on my tv.

I really hope we get better crowd/atmosphere soon
Honestly I do this for every sports game I own/play. usually turn commentary, music and "on-the-field" sounds down to 7ish, turn the PA down to 8ish and the crowd stays at 10/max.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
As long as they continue to make millions and millions I don't think EA or its stockholders care what standard OS (or sim players for that matter) holds it to.

If your above statement is accurate it would appear the standard they are operating is working just fine for their purposes.
You are correct but that doesn't mean we have to stop calling them out on it. So because EA's stockholders are content & EA doesn't have incentive to improve, should we all just bow down & accept what these give us? I hear what you're saying I get the whole business aspect of it, but us as gamers don't care about how much money EA is making. All we want is the best game possible (especially since Madden is the only NFL game we have) & when we see things done better in games done on inferior consoles it begs the question. Now if we're debating if it's beneficial for EA to invest more into development from a business standem point, that's another argument.

Also what's the point of posting on forums if EA doesn't care what Sim gamers on OS think & it falls on deaf ears? Just sayin.....I think EA does care what Sim gamers think ( As small of a crowd as they CLAIM us to be) if nothing more than to gage their progress from our point of view even if we don't affect their pockets.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #75

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
You are correct but that doesn't mean we have to stop calling them out on it. So because EA's stockholders are content & EA doesn't have incentive to improve, should we all just bow down & accept what these give us? I hear what you're saying I get the whole business aspect of it, but us as gamers don't care about how much money EA is making. All we want is the best game possible (especially since Madden is the only NFL game we have) & when we see things done better in games done on inferior consoles it begs the question. Now if we're debating if it's beneficial for EA to invest more into development from a business standem point, that's another argument.

Also what's the point of posting on forums if EA doesn't care what Sim gamers on OS think & it falls on deaf ears? Just sayin.....I think EA does care what Sim gamers think ( As small of a crowd as they CLAIM us to be) if nothing more than to gage their progress from our point of view even if we don't affect their pockets.

I never said you couldn't do anything lol.

I've done plenty of the same. I'm content with the game but haven't been ecstatic for the release in years. I will buy it every year and play it for what it is.

Just pointing out that for the most part the screams and pitchforks is likely to fall on deaf ears.

Just think of whatever it is you do for a living, if your current results (however they are measured) are great would you change based on complaints of a few?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I never said you couldn't do anything lol.

I've done plenty of the same. I'm content with the game but haven't been ecstatic for the release in years. I will buy it every year and play it for what it is.

Just pointing out that for the most part the screams and pitchforks is likely to fall on deaf ears.

Just think of whatever it is you do for a living, if your current results (however they are measured) are great would you change based on complaints of a few?

Is it really a few though? I think the disappointment with Madden is larger than given credit for but a lot of people like yourself (& me lol) buy Madden every year mainly for the love of football than anything else in my opinion. Again I understand the business aspect of what EA is doing but OS is an outlet to voice our opinions as insignificant as they may be
Old 05-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

JK with the stockholders, it's ALL about the money. If Madden/EA starts losing money, the stockholders will start jumping ship and leaving.

In business, it's all about the bottomline.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
What happened to living worlds?

Quote:
Is it really a few though? I think the disappointment with Madden is larger than given credit for but a lot of people like yourself (& me lol) buy Madden every year mainly for the love of football than anything else in my opinion. Again I understand the business aspect of what EA is doing but OS is an outlet to voice our opinions as insignificant as they may be

I truly do believe that in the whole scheme of things it truly is a few.

You have to look at the entire demographic of who this game is sold and marketed to.

There is no hard data to support that one way or the other and I would never claim fact if I didn't know it to be true.

That said, knowing how devs are able to follow every little thing gamers do, even those who don't play online, shows that the decisions made are not totally done blindly.

The game is a success monetarily which to us may not be sufficient and I truly believe the devs would love to give us a true sim game but I don't think the balance is always as easy as it may seem to us.

May the force be with us all.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's definitely an EA issue, not a system issue.

There is an unlicensed football game on the Xbox 360 that didn't have any problem getting the crowd and both sidelines to react appropriately during live gameplay:

The crowd in this game stands when the ball is in the air, cheers once it's caught, and cheers even louder once the receiver scores.

If this could be done 8 years ago on the Xbox 360, then there are no technical reasons why it can't be done today, on the Xbox One.
Wow...what a strong post jyoung.

Think about this. The clip above is from a game made 8 years ago! This game didn't have an NFL or NFLPA license and obviously had a fraction of the budget Madden has. This was an EARLY PAST-GEN release and a one-off iteration of a game from 2007. Even to this day, the living worlds shown in this clip blows the doors off of anything EA has delivered from a "Living Worlds" standpoint in M25 and M15 for CURRENT GEN.

8 years. 1 Iteration from early LAST GEN vs 2 EA releases for CURRENT GEN...soon to be 3. How many CURRENT GEN titles will it take for EA to even come close to what is shown in this clip, 6 or 7??

Step up, EA. Step the hell up.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #80
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Wow...what a strong post jyoung.

Think about this. The clip above is from a game made 8 years ago! This game didn't have an NFL or NFLPA license and obviously had a fraction of the budget Madden has. This was an EARLY PAST-GEN release and a one-off iteration of a game from 2007. Even to this day, the living worlds shown in this clip blows the doors off of anything EA has delivered from a "Living Worlds" standpoint in M25 and M15 for CURRENT GEN.

8 years. 1 Iteration from early LAST GEN vs 2 EA releases for CURRENT GEN...soon to be 3. How many CURRENT GEN titles will it take for EA to even come close to what is shown in this clip, 6 or 7??

Step up, EA. Step the hell up.
I guess you guys aren't paying attention, but this stuff is in the game already. I just scored a TD with Clay Matthews in Minnesota on a 90 something yard pick 6. The Packers fans stand up and cheer him all the way to the end zone and once it's clear he's not going to be caught, LONG before he reaches the end zone, they are throwing the TD signal up and jumping up and down. The Vikings fans are shaking their heads and showing other signs of frustration. What we need to see though is more personnel on the sidelines and more variety in the crowd and crowd models. There should be women and children in the stands and more crowd and sideline reactions. The camera guys need to be more responsive and the crowd, sidelines, and camera guys all need to wear weather appropriate gear. I'd also like to see props and things in the crowd, signs, foam fingers, cheeseheads, terrible towels, and other team appropriate apparel. How long before we see that stuff? I don't know but maybe they can borrow with Ignite tech from FIFA and NHL crowds and sidelines.

What do you guys hope/expect to see improved in Madden 16 living worlds? Anything?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »