Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #41
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

I don't play much single player CFM so my opinions are mostly based on the 32 team online CFM experience.

Start Playing faster

-Not sure why this is needed. I guess some don't want to go through all the preseason stuff? I guess this could help when you just want to get things to the regular season quick. Might help in testing sliders.

Dynamic Drive Goals

-This sounds interesting. I'm not sure if some of this was already in under the hood but, either way it's not bad. Hopefully they are tailored to your teams play style. Don't want a goal to be 3 td passes if I'm a ball control run team.

Post Game Feed back

-I like this change. The more info the better. So many times in our league we get confused on how this xp was gained and how this wasn't. Hopefully this shows us exactly what happened.

Weekly Goals

-Good change. If we are going to keep the whole xp, goals, progression system might as well improve it. This seems like improvement.

Visual Team Depth Chart

-Laughed a little at this one. Not that it's not good but, it's just the MUT depth chart. Not really new. just new to CFM. I can't recall anyone in our CFM wanting a new depth chart set up. We wanted formation subs and or the ability to have special teams depth charts but, not new depth chart set up. It's fine I guess.

Player Card

-I like this change. Seems to stream lined stuff a little. I like the Attributes all being on the screen. Hated scrolling through all the rating just to see inj. They also just show the ratings that apply to that position which is good too.

New Scouting

-This has me a little excited. If there was anything that I wanted in scouting it was to see combine results. It's completely unrealistic to be going into a draft without this basic info. I also like that it shows the player ratings as soon as you draft them. That way we don't have to back out of cfm and then re enter just to see the ratings.

-The only things you should really have to scout are the non physical attributes of players. This change they made makes since as far as real life. good change.

-Doesn't say anything about a editable draft board though. We really need that. It would help a lot when you can't make the draft to have a board the cpu can use to draft for you.

-Also editable draft classes and EA share draft classes are out? Bummer.

Sim-A-Win

-Thank you ea. I would have liked some kind of in game save or continue for DC's but, this is at least something. We have had so many guys be winning by 21 in the 4th then get a DC and the sim happens and they lose. Glad the commish can fix this now.

Free Practice

-So glad this was added. I've wanted to practice with my CFM team so much but, can't. I end up creating players and doing it outside of cfm but, that is too time consuming. nice change.

Confidence Tuning

-if it fixed the problem of the best teams becoming super teams and the bad teams staying in confidence purgatory then awesome.

Owner Mode Finance Tuning

-Once again hope this works as advertised. We couldn't even use owner mode in my cfm because it was broken and small market teams had no chance.

Overall these are good changes that will make the online cfm i'm in more fun. Of course my #1 priority is on field gameplay but, these are nice changes.

Last edited by charter04; 05-28-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #42
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

Wouldn't formation subs fall under playbooks?? Not under depth charts..
Old 05-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #43
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Overall, I like these new features. The Free Practice, Draft feedback, scouting, and combine are all much needed improvements for me. I'm still hoping defensive assignments and formation subs will be implemented, but that may be more of a gameplay feature.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #44
Rookie

No create a draft or no ability to import draft class from ncaa 14 like they said they would a few years ago? Looks like I'm not buying again, guess I'm playing madden 25 on ps3 again, EA is so disappoiting
Old 05-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #45
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Sure, for that particular player. There's likely some opportunity cost in that.

I am going to venture to guess that the game is balanced in a manner where it is nowhere close to possible to scout every draft prospect at all three levels, and further that scouting a small handful of players at all three levels will severely limit one's knowledge of the draft class as a whole.
I worry so much less about realism when it comes to building a roster. What I want is what you are describing, which is some sort of risk/reward system that lets me concentrate on areas of need.

One the reasons I preferred NCAA to Madden was the recruiting mingame. Was it realistic? Nope. Did it offer a manner in which I could gain or lose recruits based on where I placed my resources, along with the random recruit just doing as he damn well pleases? Yep!

For professional games, I wold prefer to lose every bit of the realism involved in free agency in favor of a mingame mode that lets you sign and lose players based on your priorities. The more of a game it is, and less busywork, the more likely it will be fun to compete with other owners to sign free agents. Competing for recruits in an Online Dynasty in NCAA was really fun, and encouraged lots of trash talking.

I think free agency rules are great for real life when it comes to balancing the power between players and teams, but all we need in games is a way to get available players, and lose our own free agents. It doesn't have to mimic the exact format of real life to accomplish the same basic goals.

Last edited by zoom zoom; 05-28-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #46
Rookie

I'm curious if the "True Draft Value" takes things like scheme, a team's positional value, or current roster into account. For example - a penetrating 4-3 team takes the mammoth 2-gapping (lol) 360lb NT at pick 20 even though he was ranked 12. Does scheme fit get taken into account?...or does it just say you made a "good pick" just because he has a decent OVR?

Moreover, is the "True Draft Value" just a listing of OVR from highest to lowest? Like if you get Sherman in the 5th, does it tell you his "True Draft Value" is 6, even though you picked him at 154?
Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I reckon none of this new stuff will be in the 360 version, right? Or will there even be a 360 version? The graphic on this page only shows Xbox One and PS4 boxes...https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl
In sports, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 already facing elimination games

Sports games have always been my barometer for when to upgrade, until this gen, which is my first day one console purchase in my life.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #48
Banned

Maybe I'm just done with the series in general, but none of the CFM stuff makes me want to buy this years game. And I'm a Franchise mode guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »