Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #57
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Having dynamic goals doesn't do anything but apply a new mini-game for 12 year olds to have fun with.
Why is this comment necessary? You make some points here and there and then... that.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:43 PM   #58
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Having dynamic goals doesn't do anything but apply a new mini-game for 12 year olds to have fun with.
So EA isn't suppose to (and I disagree that this addition just a "mini game" and for 12 year olds)
market their game to appeal to all demographics?
Of course they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Why is this comment necessary? You make some points here and there and then... that.
Yep... agree.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-30-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #59
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

So EA isn't supposed to make the game for mature people who want to play the game of football the way it is played in real life either? If you guys want an arcade game of football go play NFL Street. But don't come on here saying that dynamic drive goals are a realistic way of simulating the game of football. You people really amuse me
Old 05-30-2015, 08:53 PM   #60
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

I ask all of you this question.

Do you want to see a realistic representation of the NFL and the game of football or do you want a game that is accessible and fun to play?

Before you answer, this is a trick question in case none of you can comprehend what I asked. I said "and fun to play?" on purpose because the game of football in my opinion as well as millions in the USA is already fun to play, so making a video game "fun to play" should already come with the territory unless the person playing simply does not like the game of football.

Last edited by IndyColts2; 05-30-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:07 PM   #61
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Indy, I agree with you that stat driven goals, and player progression/confidence based on stats is a slippery slope and really not that "sim," in my opinion. I wish I could turn that stuff off and just play football.

That being said, I'm sure no one in here wants "NFL street." I just think we all have different perceptions on EAs approach to hopefully delivering us a quality product with sim gameplay. I'm sure all of us would rather have insanely good gameplay all around than the "mini-games," but EA has decided they want to add RPG elements to their game and we are stuck with it for better or worse.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 05-30-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #62
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Indy, I agree with you that stat driven goals, and player progression/confidence based on stats is a slippery slope and really not that "sim," in my opinion. I wish I could turn that stuff and just play football.

That being said, I'm sure no one in here wants "NFL street." I just think we all have different perceptions on EAs approach to hopefully delivering us a quality product with sim gameplay. I'm sure all of us would rather have insanely good gameplay all around than the "mini-games," but EA has decided they want to add RPG elements to their game and we are stuck with it for better or worse.

Thank you for this reply. Shows you are comprehending what I'm saying unlike most of the people replying.

I understand what you and everyone is saying. I get it. Adding the RPG elements makes it more fun to get your guys that extra XP. But Madden has this track record with only adding things in games that benefit your play and never things that say "no! thats not how football is played." It's always a reward with little risk of a negative outcome. Now all we get for online CFM is another way to spam XP points out of the system. If my RB needs to average 4.5 YPC I'm just going to run counters and bunch power O and run straight to the sideline while my team pancakes 7 defenders at once. My guy gets his 6 YPC and I bench him and do the same with my backup and there you have it. My whole team has reached their goals
Old 05-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #63
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Indy, I agree with you that stat driven goals, and player progression/confidence based on stats is a slippery slope and really not that "sim," in my opinion. I wish I could turn that stuff off and just play football.

Xp feedback on screen is optional
Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #64
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

That's cool, I missed that

What I meant tho was I wish I could drop the whole XP/confidence system and just play it vanilla like the old days. If I recall, progression and regression in the old PS2 Maddens was fine

It's cool that you can turn off the ticker tho

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »