Home

Madden NFL 16 Playtest on June 9 at EA Tiburon

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Playtest on June 9 at EA Tiburon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Playtest on June 9 at EA Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryby6969
I just received my confirmation email saying I was selected. I will be there Tuesday from 4-6pm so keep an eye on your email.
2 hours huh? That's just enough time to whet your appetite. I"m sure it will be worth it though.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
It looks like they are coming out of the Alpha test phase (in house developer/engineer/test team testing) into the Beta test phase (test team/some users).
Things would have to have changed a lot since when I worked with them, because then they'd be in a mature Beta phase by late March, mid-April at the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
They will be looking for user input and still have time to address Sev1 and 2 issues - usually items that inhibit a certain piece of functionality from performing correctly or completing. These are really game killer bugs that must be fixed before the game can be released. By the time Beta test rolls around, they should have found these already...but you never know.

Other cosmetic type issue or lower priority issues are Sev 3-4's and can either be fixed if there is time or put on a list to possibly address in a patch or next release. My experience is that sometimes Sev 3's get handled while Sev 4's almost never get addressed.

So...they have 3 months left before release of the game so there is some time available to address some issues. However, they also have to deliver the game by a certain date for CD burning and my guess is that is probably a month or 6 weeks before release...but I am not sure.

C
For the shipped disc, they'd have roughly less than 2 months before this game is closed for disc at this point. In other words, this game would be about to close in a mere few weeks. They used that lead time to pass all internal and external QA requirements, and finalize positioning for pressing and distro.

This playtest is nothing more than a way to connect the game early with the public, but its impact on the actual game will be about zero, and it was never intended to be more than that anyway given the date they usually do this.

I say, if you get on the list, enjoy the time playing the game, just don't look at it as more than that or expect big changes based on it. The game you're about to play is going to be all but 100% the same as the one you get at retail in August.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #35
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

I just signed up and I live in Kissimmee (about 20 minutes away from Tiburon). Hopefully, I will get picked!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #36
Banned

If anyone gets selected and you can actually play CFM, can you please please please check for the following.

-That awards, pro bowl selections, and where players are drafted is listed by year, and yearly stats are listed by week, not just in random order.

-Do drafted rookies have different helmets.

-Can we sim to certain weeks, instead of mid season, playoffs, superbowl blah blah.

-Are penalties actually called and do offensive lineman get hurt in games.

I have a ton more but these ones seems very simple to fix from last year and I want to know that they are actually trying....
Old 06-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #37
Rookie

The free EA game will probably be Madden NFL 15.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Congrats to all who get to sign-up.

It would be a decade long bucket list to do such testing.

If I had a little more wealth I would fly in from Australia?

...Crowd fund...me?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #39
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I will be there.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know why this was posted on a website that is worldwide, when they are only looking for people in the general area of Orlando. This is a short play test, and I've done them multiple times in the past. No, they will not fly you in for a play test, so that's wishful thinking at best. They send these out to a targeted amount of people but they must be having trouble filling the spots and/or want some new blood.

Stop asking or thinking you are going to get inside information. Either you won't get much inside information, or the NDA prevents you from saying a word. They will find you too, because they have shown examples of the way they've tracked down leakers online in a matter of hours.

Basically, if you live within say an hour of Orlando (well, Maitland), it is worth it to try. You get to be on campus and it's a cool experience. However, as a seasoned veteran going to these, you need to temper expectations. Signing up outside of the area is wasting their time and yours.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »