Home

Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System

This is a discussion on Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #17
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System

Just a question, do the higher ups at EA visit this site? Because i've seen so many great ideas like this, and yet madden doesn't seem to feature any. If EA would take at least a couple ideas from the wishlists posted on this site each year, then Madden would be a must buy every year for me.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
Just a question, do the higher ups at EA visit this site? Because i've seen so many great ideas like this, and yet madden doesn't seem to feature any. If EA would take at least a couple ideas from the wishlists posted on this site each year, then Madden would be a must buy every year for me.
Define "higher-ups".

I have seen Rex Dickson - creative director for Madden NFL, I think? - and Andrew Johnson - Madden NFL community manager - on this site with some frequency (relatively speaking).
Old 06-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #19
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Define "higher-ups".

I have seen Rex Dickson - creative director for Madden NFL, I think? - and Andrew Johnson - Madden NFL community manager - on this site with some frequency (relatively speaking).
Ya that is what I meant. Because i've seen the people with light blue names, and I didn't know what type of control they had over the madden process. But hopefully the guys you mentioned at least take into consideration these ideas
Old 06-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
Ya that is what I meant. Because i've seen the people with light blue names, and I didn't know what type of control they had over the madden process. But hopefully the guys you mentioned at least take into consideration these ideas
Ah, I understand.

The light blue names are EA Sports GameChangers. They are basically (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) recognized names in the Madden NFL community who have special access to see the game early, release details (after NDAs expire), and gather feedback from their audience to deliver to developers for said developers to action upon as they see fit. GameChangers do not directly work on the game.

Pink names (a different shade of pink from banned users) are people who are game developers, designers, community managers, or otherwise employees of a major sports video game developer. The most visible such person I can think of on OS is Russell_SCEA, a community manager for MLB The Show (presumably) employed by Sony San Diego who posts frequently in the MLB: The Show forums here, but the Madden NFL developers are also here and do show up in posts from time to time.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #21
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Good old days with the good old EA.. Well hopefully things get better.. I actually enjoyed last year's title. It's just the small things that need to be fixed..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #22
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it's already been stated on a few occasions that it's not a big enough gripe to incite change but most people won't and don't look at that as an acceptable answer. A lot of people don't care about formation subs and if they view those people as the majority, which they probably are, then there's not a whole lot of reason to change it for them.
Well that sucks. I need to see survey results!!
Old 06-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
This is a significant omission from a realism standpoint, I think, because today's NFL is so heavily based on sub-packages on both sides of the ball. So I don't see this as a matter of convenience; I see it as a fundamental strategic part of the game that's not well represented by Madden.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #24
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
That was the golden age off virtual football. Yes 2k got shot down but it wasn't a horrible thing cause madden was amzing back then..... Until the horrible 360 maddens came. Even to this day madden isn't what it use to be compared to the Xbox/ps2/GC days. I wish they would of ported that version to the 360 and built off that cause the game still struggles in so many areas.
I could be wrong here, but I believe the only thing that would keep them from porting the PS2 version over is because they couldn't do what they wanted with the graphics? It's funny because Madden's graphics still lag behind 2k, NHL, FIFA, and MLB The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »