Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #73
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 16 CFM initial impressions by Shopmaster Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
You have never heard of incentive contracts / performance bonuses in the NFL ?

NFL Players do shoot for individual goals... it's money !

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...r-many-players
Yep... However (and this ties into a post from days ago I made).. these are financial incentive goals whether it's in contract or for leverage to use when contracts come up. The way it should be in Madden.
If a player misses a goal (20 yards shy of rushing goal) he is not going to lose confidence or regress.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #74
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just in case you guys would like a visual
I hope the edit player tab on there allows us to FULLY edit the player, as opposed to change his equipment.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #75
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

Quote:
I get it, but I don't want a broken mode with new bells and whistles. I want a functional mode and I can wait til next year for bells and whistles, if it means the mode works properly.
Don't we hear this every year? Wait till next year, wait till next year?

Last edited by J ROCK 05; 06-08-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #76
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Madden 16 CFM initial impressions by Shopmaster Part 1

Quote:
No that's not what I was saying, I'm saying like for example if Eddie Lacy is struggling like he did at first last year he may have been struggling in his confidence due to the injury, now honestly injuries should probably affect confidence a lot, especially concussions. Anyway say on a normal week his goal every week is 100 yards, if he doesn't hit that it probably won't affect him or a guy like Lynch much but if a rookie HB comes in and struggled to get 50 yds every week that would affect his confidence and that's kind of the idea behind the system. Look at Manziel last year, he came in confident and arrogant but struggled and even off the field he was humbled and he's going to have to regain confidence this season and the trust of his coach and teammates. That's the idea behind the system, it's just that it was so broken in M15. Players with high OVR and consistency rating shouldn't be dropping in confidence and regressing as much in M16.

I'll use an example and you can take this to the Developers....

DeSean Jackson had a max season XP goal of 130 receptions.

He had a season of 66 receptions 1256 yards and 13 TDs. But because his main goal was receptions he didn't get max XP. He got to the second level of the tree for like 1000 XP.

Team went 12-4 won the division.

How will Madden 16 handle a season like that compared to Madden 15?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-07-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:20 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I'll use an example and you can take this to the Developers....

DeSean Jackson had a max season XP goal of 130 receptions.

He had a season of 66 receptions 1256 yards and 13 TDs. But because his main goal was receptions he didn't get max XP. He got to the second level of the tree for like 1000 XP.

Team went 12-4 won the division.

How will Madden 16 handle a season like that compared to Madden 15?
That is why they should have an either/or when it comes to goals. So many receptions OR so many tds OR so many yards. Perhaps give you 1.25x the max xp if you have 2 of those 3. All 3? 1.50x the max xp Goals also should be different depending on the overall of the player.

IF your starting wr is rated 70, because you are rebuilding your wr core, then he shouldn't be looking to chase 120 receptions, 1500 yards, etc. It should coincide with his skill/stat level. Backups shouldn't be chasing half of that goal either. 4th/5th receivers should be chasing about 20 receptions at maximum. Of course to show they are backups, their max xp they would receive should be lower too. Once they become the starter, do to injure or just getting better, then that is when it goes up.

Team schemes should also change the goals of each player. So say you have a zone blocking run 1st team, then that would put more emphasis on your rb reaching his goals. And the confidence of a qb wouldn't go down if he just had one td and only 125 yards. Same goes for the wrs. Opposite would be true if you have a vertical passing attack scheme. More emphasis would be on the qb/wrs. So if a rb only had 50 yards, his confidence wouldn't lower either. Defensive players goals/confidence would be based on scheme too. Basically whatever unit is more important to your scheme, then that unit's confidence would increase/decrease more depending on your play while the others that arn't as important would barely get a rise or lower. So basically each scheme would have its own strengths and weaknesses, like it should be. I'm sure someone else could go more in depth.

/my 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #78
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan_forever17
That is why they should have an either/or when it comes to goals. So many receptions OR so many tds OR so many yards. Perhaps give you 1.25x the max xp if you have 2 of those 3. All 3? 1.50x the max xp Goals also should be different depending on the overall of the player.

IF your starting wr is rated 70, because you are rebuilding your wr core, then he shouldn't be looking to chase 120 receptions, 1500 yards, etc. It should coincide with his skill/stat level. Backups shouldn't be chasing half of that goal either. 4th/5th receivers should be chasing about 20 receptions at maximum. Of course to show they are backups, their max xp they would receive should be lower too. Once they become the starter, do to injure or just getting better, then that is when it goes up.

Team schemes should also change the goals of each player. So say you have a zone blocking run 1st team, then that would put more emphasis on your rb reaching his goals. And the confidence of a qb wouldn't go down if he just had one td and only 125 yards. Same goes for the wrs. Opposite would be true if you have a vertical passing attack scheme. More emphasis would be on the qb/wrs. So if a rb only had 50 yards, his confidence wouldn't lower either. Defensive players goals/confidence would be based on scheme too. Basically whatever unit is more important to your scheme, then that unit's confidence would increase/decrease more depending on your play while the others that arn't as important would barely get a rise or lower. So basically each scheme would have its own strengths and weaknesses, like it should be. I'm sure someone else could go more in depth.

/my 2 cents.
Quite a bit of tuning was done to make the goals more attainable based on ratings and depth chart position, I'm not sure about scheme. I do know even Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb weren't expected to get 120 catches, I think 100 was their highest number. I believe Davante Adams was 60 and Jarred Abbrederis 40.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:37 PM   #79
Rookie

Metapod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metapod
simple question do 43 and 34 defenses have different depth charts?
answers man i need answers
Old 06-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #80
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metapod
answers man i need answers
Can't answer this yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »