Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions - Confidence, Goals, Hub & More (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 CFM initial impressions by Shopmaster Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
If they didn't fix the confidence of a team staying at 0 at the start of a new season i will go nuts. That made me hulk out more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Confidence issue has been addressed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I know people want a lot of immersive things but if the mode is fundamentally broken, people will get frustrated with it, especially newcomers and quit playing.
This is just going to be a difference of opinion but I don't really believe that CFM was, or has ever been, fundamentally broken since it was introduced. Has it been severely lacking? Yes. Was the UI really slow and clunky? Absolutely. But everything worked the way it supposed to.

The depth chart wasn't broken. The UI wasn't broken, it just sucked. Scouting wasn't broken. And that is NOT saying that these aren't appreciated. I would have to spend around an hour after each game I played last year in my 32-team CFM simply tracking injuries and changing depth charts because it took god awfully long to change characters. Now, if that amount of time is cut down, I'll be happy and appreciate the upgrade. Same goes for scouting, if it's quicker and a more efficient way to get the job done in a 32-team CFM, I'll appreciate it no doubt, there's no denying any of that.

I think the largest bit of disappointment comes from the fact that they "fixed" things that weren't necessarily broken and then built on something that a lot of people (here) don't like. If they added a huge chunk of what's missing in terms of CFM depth next year, then it becomes a moot point. But it's been three or four years since CFM has been introduced and there haven't been really any steps forward towards that idea.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is just going to be a difference of opinion but I don't really believe that CFM was, or has ever been, fundamentally broken since it was introduced. Has it been severely lacking? Yes. Was the UI really slow and clunky? Absolutely. But everything worked the way it supposed to.

The depth chart wasn't broken. The UI wasn't broken, it just sucked. Scouting wasn't broken. And that is NOT saying that these aren't appreciated. I would have to spend around an hour after each game I played last year in my 32-team CFM simply tracking injuries and changing depth charts because it took god awfully long to change characters. Now, if that amount of time is cut down, I'll be happy and appreciate the upgrade. Same goes for scouting, if it's quicker and a more efficient way to get the job done in a 32-team CFM, I'll appreciate it no doubt, there's no denying any of that.

I think the largest bit of disappointment comes from the fact that they "fixed" things that weren't necessarily broken and then built on something that a lot of people (here) don't like. If they added a huge chunk of what's missing in terms of CFM depth next year, then it becomes a moot point. But it's been three or four years since CFM has been introduced and there haven't been really any steps forward towards that idea.
To the bolded, has this been confirmed?
Can you get some inside info on this, JP?

They've gone on and on about making the mode "easier to use", but most of that stuff seems directed at the most basic functions for "newbs" to CFM... My point being, nothing they've said thus far, even regarding making the mode quicker/easier, makes me think they've thought of this functionality for hardcore 32-team offline franchises.

To simplify, the question for JP and the Devs (if anyone is reading):
Is it now (finally) possible to edit depth charts/make roster moves for all 32 teams in a multi-player offline franchise without having to switch profiles one by one???

If no....
If yes....

*** If no... COME ON DEVS, THERE'S STILL TIME UNTIL AUGUST
Old 06-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
To the bolded, has this been confirmed?
Can you get some inside info on this, JP?

They've gone on and on about making the mode "easier to use", but most of that stuff seems directed at the most basic functions for "newbs" to CFM... My point being, nothing they've said thus far, even regarding making the mode quicker/easier, makes me think they've thought of this functionality for hardcore 32-team offline franchises.

To simplify, the question for JP and the Devs (if anyone is reading):
Is it now (finally) possible to edit depth charts/make roster moves for all 32 teams in a multi-player offline franchise without having to switch profiles one by one???

If no....
If yes....

*** If no... COME ON DEVS, THERE'S STILL TIME UNTIL AUGUST
I don't know the answer to this question, as sad as it is to admit, I just found out yesterday on M15 that you could control all 32 teams in CFM offline. Probably because I didn't play M15 CFM that much until I started doing feedback research and stuff for you guys and to pass info along to the devs for the future.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:18 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I don't know the answer to this question, as sad as it is to admit, I just found out yesterday on M15 that you could control all 32 teams in CFM offline. Probably because I didn't play M15 CFM that much until I started doing feedback research and stuff for you guys and to pass info along to the devs for the future.
Can you ask around?
I've sent the same question to Shop and he said he'd ask around but the more the merrier
Old 06-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Can you ask around?
I've sent the same question to Shop and he said he'd ask around but the more the merrier
Can always do that.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Don't know if anybody caught this, but you can now bring up the Player Card from the depth chart menu.

Quote:
The player card that you can access from this new visual depth chart is awesome. You can progress your player, check out his goals, add to the trade block, check out his stats, trade, release and edit. You still can’t see what teams that player has been on since entering the league but that was definitely one of the things we put in our feedback.
Why the bolded still hasn't been added is beyond me. It can't really be that hard can it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Don't know if anybody caught this, but you can now bring up the Player Card from the depth chart menu.

Why the bolded still hasn't been added is beyond me. It can't really be that hard can it?
Just in case you guys would like a visual

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »