Home

The Madden Football Game

This is a discussion on The Madden Football Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The Madden Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

Bad snaps, players lines up incorrectly (As the gamer it would be on us to see it and either call a TO or have an option in game to call players to reset etc..), trash blowing around on windy days etc.. etc...
I could go on and on.

I love that idea about players lining up incorrectly. Granted it should only happen a few times a game.

Now the bad snaps is something I strongly feel is overdue. Both on offensive possessions and special teams snaps.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #18
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What things do you feel like they are ignoring as far as the gameplay? I think I know what most people want in CFM.
1v1 engage/release blocking that's impossible to read. Tethered passing, unresponsive controls where swat button sometimes triggers int attempt and int button triggers a swat ball. Placebo defensive adjustments like inside shading that don't work reliably. Clunky individual defensive adjustments that require you to manually highlight players before changing their assignment, poor cpu ai teammates. Poor cpu ai as an opponent, either taking too many sacks or becoming robo qb.

That's off the top of my head.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall any professional football video game with a home field advantage mechanic.

NCAA Football had some amount of home field advantage factor for the longest time, however, as recent as NCAA Football 14.
I liked the NCAA 14 Home Field advantage mechanic; would like to see it in Madden..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-08-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #20
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Every sport has dramatic moments, hockey its powerplays, basketball its runs and football its third downs. We all know the feeling of anticipation as the away team has the ball, the crowd gets loud and it seems like time slows down. The qb and center gaze and point through the defense trying to identify the mike, the defense bluffs or shows something and the qb scrambles and audibles as the play clock ticks down.

For more of a chess game feeling and building that type of anticipation, i would like the ability to identify the mike to set your pass protection. Having that as a setting to turn to manual from auto would be a nice addition to user gameplay. This also goes along with crowd noise impacting the game slightly if you audible and your WR's don't hear the audible, would you force it or just take the timeout?

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 06-08-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #21
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
This also goes along with crowd noise impacting the game slightly if you audible and your WR's don't hear the audible, do you force it or just take the timeout.
Just keep in mind that teams will often use hand signals to receivers to signal an audible. I get where you're coming from, but knowing how EA overdoes everything, 10 timeouts a half wouldn't be sufficient to deal with the "crowd noise."

They had receivers who couldn't hear an audible in NCAA and more often than not the slot receiver - the one closest to the QB - would be the one throwing his hands up in confusion.

What would be great is a way to set hand signals every week, so when you play a team in your division twice, you could use different hand signals for different audibles. But then again, this is something us sim guys want and the casual gamer wouldn't have a clue, so I doubt anything like that has even been considered.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #22
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Just keep in mind that teams will often use hand signals to receivers to signal an audible. I get where you're coming from, but knowing how EA overdoes everything, 10 timeouts a half wouldn't be sufficient to deal with the "crowd noise."

They had receivers who couldn't hear an audible in NCAA and more often than not the slot receiver - the one closest to the QB - would be the one throwing his hands up in confusion.

What would be great is a way to set hand signals every week, so when you play a team in your division twice, you could use different hand signals for different audibles. But then again, this is something us sim guys want and the casual gamer wouldn't have a clue, so I doubt anything like that has even been considered.
Also tie it in to awareness. There are times in real life when a qb calls an audible and has to tell a player specifically what he is supposed to do on the play, those would be the low awareness guys.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I liked the NCAA 14 Home Field advantage mechanic; would like to see it in Madden..

I agree. Now it would have to be adjusted. Remember college didn't have playoffs and still don't have playoffs where teams play at home.

Regular season could be a carry over from NCAA. But as you progress through the playoffs it should be more intense.

I have been saying for years when I get to the playoffs I want to feel like I'm in the playoffs. Not just another game. Adding that Home Field Advantage model could add this feel.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #24
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
We have all had our complaints about what Madden is or is not; but in the end we have to realize that Madden is a game that is trying to bring the user into the game and make the user the determining factor...

Anyone, within the EA/Tiburon ideology for the game, can take any team and be competitive; that is what I see and believe is the intent..I can point out issues with ratings and game play, but in the end, the game is exactly as it should be, in relation to any other game, it is a USER determined outcome game...

Hopefully we will see some help in better A.I., but please refrain from complaining if you are getting beat by out patterns during the 2 minute game, for example, yet you refuse to switch to user a flat zone defender...

Madden will always be about user input...

With that, what would people like to see in Madden to make the user input easier on field?

One thing I would like is a better way to switch players after the ball is snapped..As we know, prior to snap, we are capable of scrolling effectively through players, but after snap we are set to select the player closest to the ball, which is not always reliable..I would like to see a better system in this regard, but not sure how it would work..
On ps2 switching players on defense was a lot more smoother and I had less of a problem with switching to out of position players. It's gotten better since the early ps3 days but it still isn't as smooth as it was 2 generations ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »