Home

What are you expecting/hoping to see Madden 16 reveal at E3

This is a discussion on What are you expecting/hoping to see Madden 16 reveal at E3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #49
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: What are you expecting/hoping to see Madden 16 reveal at E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
MUT is not all that this team cares about, E3 should say it pretty loud and clear.
We will have to agree to disagree on this JP. I look at a site like daddy leagues and then I look at the EA CFM site, and I compare it to the EA MUT site and the differnce is night and day.

I mean what do you think about the daddyleagus site compared to the "offical" EA CFM site?

But hey after E3, we'll see where we stand.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
If the MUT guys are happy, then EA and Madden are happy. That is all that matters. MUT is what makes them money. Next is online competative H2H, third is pick up and play casuals.....4th is maybe the hardcore sim crowd and behind the are the CFM guys.
I don't disagree but this is where the confusion and contradiction comes in, if those gamers and modes are such inferior priorities, why when they do finally address them, it's making them more for the aforementioned gamers/modes?

I just don't get it, if there are already certain type of modes for various other types of gamers, it makes no sense to alienate hardcore/sim gamers by rigidly gaming up the mode they play. By "rigidly" I mean not even offering the sim/hardcore gamers optional ways of playing those modes in a realistic manner. The fact that Play Now, CFM and I presume online h2h, all play different, demonstrates the opportunity for Madden to offer separate experiences in each mode and the fact that other sports games already do, makes not having that choice in Madden make no sense.

I would hope to see, though I know I won't, a MyFranchise type mode introduced into M16, one that isn't targeting any specific demographic but just looks to emulate NFL team management and offer as much customization as possible, ala MyLeague/MyGM. Add with that an online option to invite other Users to play games in your MyFranchise and I bet that type mode gets more telemetry than CC ever has.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #51
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't disagree but this is where the confusion and contradiction comes in, if those gamers and modes are such inferior priorities, why when they do finally address them, it's making them more for the aforementioned gamers/modes?

I just don't get it, if there are already certain type of modes for various other types of gamers, it makes no sense to alienate hardcore/sim gamers by rigidly gaming up the mode they play. By "rigidly" I mean not even offering the sim/hardcore gamers optional ways of playing those modes in a realistic manner. The fact that Play Now, CFM and I presume online h2h, all play different, demonstrates the opportunity for Madden to offer separate experiences in each mode and the fact that other sports games already do, makes not having that choice in Madden make no sense.

I would hope to see, though I know I won't, a MyFranchise type mode introduced into M16, one that isn't targeting any specific demographic but just looks to emulate NFL team management and offer as much customization as possible, ala MyLeague/MyGM. Add with that an online option to invite other Users to play games in your MyFranchise and I bet that type mode gets more telemetry than CC ever has.
I agree...even if they offered a franchise mode like in Madden 12, that would be a terrific start. After 2+ years, I am still trying to figure out why my offline franchise mode has to be "connected".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I agree...even if they offered a franchise mode like in Madden 12, that would be a terrific start. After 2+ years, I am still trying to figure out why my offline franchise mode has to be "connected".
I hear you JoshC. I thought M12 franchise was headed in the right direction, just wasn't implemented very well. I don't mind the concept of "connected" modes. I just have a strong distaste for the direction (arcade) that CFM went instead of a more realistic direction. M12 had the base/start/foundation of a realistic direction, CFM does not. That's my main gripe with the current Madden.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
MUT is not all that this team cares about, E3 should say it pretty loud and clear.
There is so little to suggest emulating real NFL presentation and on field experience/action is what they care about; so, the financial bottom line is the easiest point of emphasis. And MUT with all the microtransactions with the Fantasy Football craze is just that.

When Madden makes an obvious effort to nail down core mechanics of actual football on any level, rather than test the boundaries of marketing via “focus groups”/Game Changers, then maybe they'll regain some legitimacy. Until then, the once unstoppable hype train of Madden will continue to see its relevance drop at a quicker pace as each month goes by and the release date gets closer.

More people are already talking about the next NBA2K game which releases after Madden. Madden has successfully played itself out of the Thrown. I'm waiting to see if it has a any intentions of recapturing it or just cash out on the way out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Just an FYI, MUT wasn't touched this year, it was all fleshed out last year.

So, the micro-transactions will continue without any resources for that mode this year.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #55
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just an FYI, MUT wasn't touched this year, it was all fleshed out last year.

So, the micro-transactions will continue without any resources for that mode this year.
So it's all profit for MUT this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
So it's all profit for MUT this year
Yep, all profit is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »