Home

IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking?

This is a discussion on IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Operation Sports is Looking for Someone to Help Create and Guide Our Video Content
NHL Trade Deadline 2020 Winners and Losers
The NBA Offseason in an Alternate Universe (Part 2)
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 06-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

No.

Without depth, realism, and immersion, Madden gets mind numbingly boring after 1 season (and has been that way every year after M-06' PS2). If the gameplay is spot on, it might just make that 1 season more bearable.

I used to have to force myself away from playing Madden; now I have to force myself to play it.

Last edited by Reejer; 06-11-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not anymore. With great gameplay but disappointing CFM, it feels like you are playing a series of exhibition games from the front end.

Like some others I am often short on time. That makes CFM more important in my view. I need to feel that when I sit down to play a game I am achieving something and it is time well spent. A good CFM does this.
I understand what you are saying, but what have you heard that makes you think it will feel like a series of exhibition games? Most of the complaints for CFM are about things like roster management, salary cap, scouting, the draft, free agency, etc... We haven't really started discussing presentation, which to me is what does or does not make it feel like a series of exhibition games. Last year they started doing more to make it feel like a real season was happening, they referenced the previous weeks results from a statistical standpoint and how a team ranked in different categories, also talked about teams upcoming schedules and around week 10 started talking about the Playoff Race with a banner to support it. Hopefully they will build off of that.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 5

For me, I'm not interested in Madden w/o a good franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
For me, I'm not interested in Madden w/o a good franchise mode.
Did you play 15?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Old 06-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #13
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand what you are saying, but what have you heard that makes you think it will feel like a series of exhibition games? Most of the complaints for CFM are about things like roster management, salary cap, scouting, the draft, free agency, etc... We haven't really started discussing presentation, which to me is what does or does not make it feel like a series of exhibition games. Last year they started doing more to make it feel like a real season was happening, they referenced the previous weeks results from a statistical standpoint and how a team ranked in different categories, also talked about teams upcoming schedules and around week 10 started talking about the Playoff Race with a banner to support it. Hopefully they will build off of that.
I am completely skeptical that EA has drastically improved presentation. You cite last year's presentation improvements? You mean the improvements like stat banners and commentary? You mean those banners that usually had a statline of zeros across the board for my QB? The commentary that then said he would need to rebound from last weeks horrible game? And the playoff banner that disappeared two seconds after popping up? And the only commentary to support it was some amazingly vague "playoffs are near, lets have a look at the standings..."
And when commentary would cite my team's performance on offense they would more often that not have it reversed (e.g. top 10 in offense treated like a bottom 10)?

Presentation wise, well the cameras are nice.

I have zero confidence that presentation could carry CFM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

If the gameplay is good, I could find a mode to enjoy the game in some way. I'm not in the camp that thinks maddenball = good gameplay tho, and aggressive vs conservative catching controls don't have me believing we will get anything but another version of classic madden.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

As a commish and member of several online CCM's, yes it can. Only because the league masks a lot of issues since there is no cpu. But the gameplay has to be vastly improved. Man coverage needs to be feasible first and foremost or I will lose interest fast.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am completely skeptical that EA has drastically improved presentation. You cite last year's presentation improvements? You mean the improvements like stat banners and commentary? You mean those banners that usually had a statline of zeros across the board for my QB? The commentary that then said he would need to rebound from last weeks horrible game? And the playoff banner that disappeared two seconds after popping up? And the only commentary to support it was some amazingly vague "playoffs are near, lets have a look at the standings..."
And when commentary would cite my team's performance on offense they would more often that not have it reversed (e.g. top 10 in offense treated like a bottom 10)?

Presentation wise, well the cameras are nice.

I have zero confidence that presentation could carry CFM.
There was also the commentary about how they did on third down conversions, stopping the run, forcing turnovers, how they ranked in rushing, passing, it wasn't all bad. Overall commentary was still bad last year, but there were some nice touches. I personally have only seen 0s on banners one time in about a season and a half of CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »