Home

future of scheme and player type

This is a discussion on future of scheme and player type within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Apologies if this is not new thread worthy.

One of the things that occurred to me thinking about this new scouting system and what has been revealed so far, is scheme and player type being moved aside? It kinda seems like an afterthought at this point.

Right now I have it in my head that this reeks of EA implementing a feature and forgetting about it (media interviews anyone?).

It seems like it will be rather useless now.

What do you guys think? Has it been moved aside? Is that a good thing? I was hoping they would make it deeper.

We could use it as part of scouting house rules I think. Don't unlock anything, so combine+player type is all you allow yourself to use maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: future of scheme and player type

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Apologies if this is not new thread worthy.

One of the things that occurred to me thinking about this new scouting system and what has been revealed so far, is scheme and player type being moved aside? It kinda seems like an afterthought at this point.

Right now I have it in my head that this reeks of EA implementing a feature and forgetting about it (media interviews anyone?).

It seems like it will be rather useless now.

What do you guys think? Has it been moved aside? Is that a good thing? I was hoping they would make it deeper.

We could use it as part of scouting house rules I think. Don't unlock anything, so combine+player type is all you allow yourself to use maybe.
Scheme and player type are still there. On the combine screenshot it shows the DT is a prototype Base 4-3 DT.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Scheme and player type are still there. On the combine screenshot it shows the DT is a prototype Base 4-3 DT.
Dude we just had this talk in another thread but it seems I have to ask again:
Do you try to comprehend posts before replying?

I did not say they took it out, I asked if it is being forgot about or moved aside instead of building on it. I would not suggest using it as a house rule if I thought it was removed would I?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Dude we just had this talk in another thread but it seems I have to ask again:
Do you try to comprehend posts before replying?

I did not say they took it out, I asked if it is being forgot about or moved aside instead of building on it. I would not suggest using it as a house rule if I thought it was removed would I?
Ok I guess you just didn't make it clear to me what you were trying to say and I misunderstood. From the way the post was worded, it sounded like you were saying that scheme and player type were being put aside.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't know that scheme and player type were ever intended to have a greater purpose at the player level than what they currently are. They appear to affect the XP spending AI when the CPU progresses players and it does affect how much different attribute upgrades cost.

I don't think it has been or will be tossed aside, it's probably just not as big a deal as we want it to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't know that scheme and player type were ever intended to have a greater purpose at the player level than what they currently are. They appear to affect the XP spending AI when the CPU progresses players and it does affect how much different attribute upgrades cost.

I don't think it has been or will be tossed aside, it's probably just not as big a deal as we want it to be.
You are probably right. When it was first introduced I thought of the great potential it had. We will never get a "playbook knowledge" rating from HC 09, but a scheme familiarity rating would be nice. And if they ever add coaching staffs scheme would be great. Instead of hiring the best coaches available we would need to hire around scheme. Running a 4-3 defense and hiring a 3-4 guru should be disastrous.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

The scheme and player type thing is far to rigid in my opinion. If my scheme calls for a speed rusher at DE just bc my guy isn't exactly a speed rusher but can still get to the QB why should he get less xp?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #8
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The scheme and player type thing is far to rigid in my opinion. If my scheme calls for a speed rusher at DE just bc my guy isn't exactly a speed rusher but can still get to the QB why should he get less xp?
^^^ This and... they need to have more "schemes" available, especially on offense. In college right now you have so many teams running Air Raid, 5-Wide and other spread systems that to just ignore that is beyond me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »