Home

Official Madden 16 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 16 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #57
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 16 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
I was really skeptical in the last few weeks and completely lost faith in Madden 16.

But boy, does this look good. I know it won't be a perfect game and we can't tell that much from one video but the improvements are very easy to see.

LOVE gang tackles. Catches seem more natural than before. DBs actually fight receivers and try to knock the ball loose, love it. Running also seems a bit better and more natural. There's still passes where nothing happens and the ball hits the receiver in the head but oh well, you can't have it all.

So far so good.
Glad you guys are liking it so far, I've been trying to be objective and honest about Madden 16 leading up to E3 and not overhype it. Hopefully I can earn back trust with some of you guys because I am going to do everything I can for you guys to communicate with the devs(in whatever capacity I can) the things you guys are wanting most and what you like and don't like.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #58
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's nice to see a definite lack of body parts phasing through other players. Replay angles look better as well. The dropbacks are reminiscent of Madden 09 though.
Yeah, clearly some things to clean up. I am pretty impressed by how it seems just a little bit smoother all around and the interactions (AI going after the ball on defense was great) have me optimistic.

I think eventually it might just take a complete animation dumping/rehaul to get the dropbacks and throwing stuff fixed

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #59
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Glad you guys are liking it so far, I've been trying to be objective and honest about Madden 16 leading up to E3 and not overhype it. Hopefully I can earn back trust with some of you guys because I am going to do everything I can for you guys to communicate with the devs(in whatever capacity I can) the things you guys are wanting most and what you like and don't like.
Well, honestly, I am not sure how much contact you have with the devs on a regular basis but if they can keep putting out HD videos like this showing in-game action like this, it would go a long way. This is a great start.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #60
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Well, honestly, I am not sure how much contact you have with the devs on a regular basis but if they can keep putting out HD videos like this showing in-game action like this, it would go a long way. This is a great start.
I understand, I agree, the more HD videos like this the better. I always like listening to Rex break things down because he explains it in Madden as far as how it works and how it applies to real life.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #61
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Tackling looks much better than in 15...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #62
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Added draft champions with Rex, Kolbe, & Sean to OP

By the way, for those who aren't familiar with Kolbe the new lead for CFM, that's him in the middle next to Sean.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #63
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

There is gameplay shown as Rex plays with his drafted teams, nice find

GAMEPLAY STARTS AROUND 9 MINUTE MARK

Deep pass aggressive catch 1 on 1 around 10:30 mark, hand fighting high body throw

Rex on downside of using aggressive catch "works against you in open space, your guy goes back to the ball to fight for it"

He tries a fade in the endzone, Tannehill sails it into the sideline
First deep pass to Nelson. Db is running the route in front on Nelson, Nelson pulls of one handed semi odb catch. The db comes in to tackle and his teammate follows by tackling the first db.

That tipped pass int, no tracking no finding the ball. He just turns around and grabs it at the back of his knee level.

Rex commented that there is a limit placed on number of penalties called.

That was not impressive. Not at all.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #64
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Tackling looked pretty awesome from what I saw so far. WR/DB stuff looked solid but I have to see it with current rosters.

I liked alot of the new little touches they added like the returner moving naturally before catching the ball. Like that they changed the QB intro animations from the old man walk. Some of the new qb movement looked pretty decent too.

With that said the throwing animations still looked mostly bad. The new stuff mixed with that old crap just doesnt complete the package. So far it looks like a heavily patched Madden 15. That's awesome for the people that loved 15, I just need them to work on the movement/animations a bit more before I'm back in with Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »