Home

Madden NFL 16: Quarterback Play Gets Reworked

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Quarterback Play Gets Reworked within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #33
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16: Quarterback Play Gets Reworked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
From what ive seen in the GT gameplay video, dropbacks seem to look better but releases are still bad.
Yes, yes. The way the ball comes off the QB hands is not in sync. I know that's a picky complaint, but it is what it is.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Yes, yes. The way the ball comes off the QB hands is not in sync. I know that's a picky complaint, but it is what it is.
Not only that but the release just looks bad, the way their body moves just looks awkward.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
From what ive seen in the GT gameplay video, dropbacks seem to look better but releases are still bad.
Is that the video where Kap takes a stupid sack immediately after Rex said they improved QB AI?

As an offline CFM guy, improved QB play is arguably more important than the bigger features they have announced. When I heard about it it was almost enough to put me back in the buy camp, but then I saw that sack and it made me wait. Granted, I have not watched all the gameplay vids but I am unsure of how much of an improvement we will see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Is that the video where Kap takes a stupid sack immediately after Rex said they improved QB AI?

As an offline CFM guy, improved QB play is arguably more important than the bigger features they have announced. When I heard about it it was almost enough to put me back in the buy camp, but then I saw that sack and it made me wait. Granted, I have not watched all the gameplay vids but I am unsure of how much of an improvement we will see.
I may be wrong, but doesn't Kaepernick turn his back to the pass rush in that video after he avoids the first sack? If that's the case, there's no way he could realistically see that coming from behind him.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #37
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

While that sack was bad, it is the one instance I've seen of a cpu taking a "bad" sack. Overall I don't think it will happen very often at all. You can't expect the game to be smart 100% of the time. I'm more than happy with 95% of the time.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I may be wrong, but doesn't Kaepernick turn his back to the pass rush in that video after he avoids the first sack? If that's the case, there's no way he could realistically see that coming from behind him.
No, in this vid he drops back, stands perfectly still, then runs himself right into a sack when there was no immediate pressure. It was a perfect example from last year where a QB would create sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
While that sack was bad, it is the one instance I've seen of a cpu taking a "bad" sack. Overall I don't think it will happen very often at all. You can't expect the game to be smart 100% of the time. I'm more than happy with 95% of the time.
You may be right, but my single biggest issue with madden last year was the sack issue and EA's handling of it. So that is what I am on the lookout for. It is like if they say they mostly fixed warping, but then you see an instance of warping. Sure it might be an aberration, but we don't want to get burned again.

The play the AI was running was smash. All options were covered, but part of the improved AI should deal with that. Kap is a mobile QB, in real life he would move around in the pocket (if not take off running) to try to create something. Instead he just stood there.
On a unrelated note this is also why I am not a fan of plays with symmetry. If the smash is not there on one side than more often than not it will not be there on the other side. Hence we get freezing QBs. In my games I usually run a smash/curl flat combo
Old 06-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #39
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I agree.

The issue isn't just that Kap took a weird sack, it's that it was such an issue last year that we can't help but be a little worried about seeing it happen again, even if it's just once in all the E3 vids

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

In fairness I just watched the video of the Giants vs the Titans and gotta say...AI QB looks amazing. That video put me leaning towards a buy lol.

I'll probably switch my stance 50 more times until release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »