Home

Madden 16 Gameplay Question & Answer Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Gameplay Question & Answer Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 16 Gameplay Question & Answer Thread

By any chance, have defensive assignments returned?

Anything new stat wise? Like catches allowed being tracked in user games? (that is a gameplay question, right?)
Old 06-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
With new gang tackling added into the game, was the physic removed. Is it straight canned animation or physic still part of the equation?
It's both animation and physics, Safeties can come over the top now and knock a pass out of WR/DB's hands. Saw a play where Jeffery and Shields were going up for the ball and Burnett came over the top, jumping towards them, but not through them, and knocked it down, there was no force field between the WR/DB or S. There can be 3 man interactions now between WR, CB, S. Safeties will pick passes off that get tipped by WR or CB also. CB's will try to knock the ball out when you think the play is over too, talking CPU now. The example I gave in the SHields & Calvin gif where Calvin tries to knock the ball out on the way down when Shields has it, that's in, I've seen it 2-3 times where the WR or CB either way looks like they are bringing the ball to the ground and the opposing player will try to knock it out.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's physics based, weight & momentum will matter. You will see 2-3 guys try to take down a HB and he can use his weight & momentum to break out of it, or sometimes the defenders will take him down, it's based on weight & momentum though. Physics are much cleaner now.
Is tackling so improved that they are still waiting to reveal it in motion or is it just good news?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #52
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there a noticeable difference for elite receivers getting off of press coverage vs average wrs? For example does Brandon Marshall get off the press significantly better than a guy like cordarelle Patterson. Also does the edge rush from a 4 man rush feel better this year? Last year I felt even elite edge rushes struggled to get get a good edge Rush.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #53
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
That's really nice to hear, how about WR/DB or LB interaction in the air. Since it's canned animation ( I believe EA said 400+ animations), did you see certain ones repeat alot?
Honestly there is so many different variables in play, you hardly ever see the exact same thing. THere are simultaneous catches but sometimes the WR wins and sometimes the DB wins and it's not always in the same way either.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #54
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

THanks for all of your questions guys I'm going to have to get going, but keep asking and I'll try to get to as many as I can this week. Just wanted to do a more formal Q&A session for an hour tonight to kick off E3 and hopefully give some good news to you guys regarding Madden 16 gameplay. ENjoy E3 and the rest of your night.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #55
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

jpdavis you are THE MAN! thanks for everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just a quick one JP...
When player locked on D can I still use the new D assignment system?

Might sound like a stupid question but would be exactly something they wouldn't test for in the past.. so just making sure.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »