Home

Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #25
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone notice that defensive offsides penalty. Go look at it if you didnt and youll see it. Its the same issue we had in 15 were the dl or lb are wondering around in circles and walk into the offense. Looks like they didnt fix that. Its real annoying. Looking good otherwise. I like the wr/db interactions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
I posted this in another thread but i wanted to post it here with the first gameplay video.

I really feel the dev's are missing the core elements of a NFL Football game. I might be hasty with saying this since the game is still in development and we are seeing a incomplete game right now but i get this sense of the Madden dev's are reaching too far outside of the box and not concentrating enough on the core essentials that need the most work, hope that sounds right. I guess what i am saying is..the core things need addressing are animations, flow of the game, pre/half/post game stuff like a legit half time show...more work on the presentation and gameplay mechanics...instead of focusing on stuff like Fantasy football elements..why not put in work on more RPG elements like say...mid week practicing,player workouts where attributes are increased, mid week rehabilitation of injured players, off-the-field transactions,etc,etc,etc ....I really think this stuff should be considered part of the core elements of real NFL football games.

I just think these core things should be the absolute prime focus for the development team, building a solid foundation of the core elements rather than always trying too hard to implement new modes each year that are really not "essentials".. This has always been the case with the madden dev's..it's kind of baffling that they never take one year and just go the team focused route of just hammering down at the core elements of the game to create one solid foundation, NBA2k is a prime example of how they built a solid foundation, same with MLB The Show, while not perfect, those two games have a real solid foundation now. People love the RPG elements of "core elements of NFL football".... Mid week stuff, commentary with fluidity/excitement, immersive half-time shows,etc rather than fantasy football garbage. Just my opinion of course and I am really looking forward to seeing the final product this year. Like i said, the game is not finished and i might be hasty with saying what i said but when we feel the same vibe year after year..it's usually right.

PS: I think i heard one of the developers in this gameplay video say that they implemented a closer camera after a play is over to put the camera focus on players closer than what a real NFL broadcast can do? Why would you do something that is not part of what "real" NFL does? See it's stuff like this that is not right..doing things or not fixing things that are not part of what we see watching a real NFL game. That's the main problem with Madden's presentation, reaching outside the box with things unnecessary or simply not fixing things that "are" necessary to capture the feel of a real NFL broadcast.
I have to disagree with this post. I agree with your position, but what you say is a bit all over the place.
You said they need to work on animations, flow of the game, pre/half/post game stuff like a legit half time show. T
hey did work on animations. I think the new hand off improvements are a good upgrade. They focused on WR/DB interactions and added a lot of animations for that.
For flow of the game, again, they did say they improved that. They worked on player movement between plays and pathfinding, so they met that request.
Half time shows and the like: Sorry but I disagree with you here. I want those features as well but in no way are they core features of a football game.

The other stuff you mention -- those are not core features either. And you say you want RPG elements while other guys are lamenting the presence of the RPG elements that are in the game.

The gameplay team -- I have no beefs with them (aside from my grudge over last year's sack issue). I like what they are doing. But CFM is a huge disappointment.

I think you are doing what a lot of people do sometimes. The things you want are core or sim, and the stuff you don't care for are casual or unnecessary.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #27
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I posted this in another thread but i wanted to post it here with the first gameplay video.

I really feel the dev's are missing the core elements of a NFL Football game. I might be hasty with saying this since the game is still in development and we are seeing a incomplete game right now but i get this sense of the Madden dev's are reaching too far outside of the box and not concentrating enough on the core essentials that need the most work, hope that sounds right. I guess what i am saying is..the core things need addressing are animations, flow of the game, pre/half/post game stuff like a legit half time show...more work on the presentation and gameplay mechanics...instead of focusing on stuff like Fantasy football elements..why not put in work on more RPG elements like say...mid week practicing,player workouts where attributes are increased, mid week rehabilitation of injured players, off-the-field transactions,etc,etc,etc ....I really think this stuff should be considered part of the core elements of real NFL football games.

I just think these core things should be the absolute prime focus for the development team, building a solid foundation of the core elements rather than always trying too hard to implement new modes each year that are really not "essentials".. This has always been the case with the madden dev's..it's kind of baffling that they never take one year and just go the team focused route of just hammering down at the core elements of the game to create one solid foundation, NBA2k is a prime example of how they built a solid foundation, same with MLB The Show, while not perfect, those two games have a real solid foundation now. People love the RPG elements of "core elements of NFL football".... Mid week stuff, commentary with fluidity/excitement, immersive half-time shows,etc rather than fantasy football garbage. Just my opinion of course and I am really looking forward to seeing the final product this year. Like i said, the game is not finished and i might be hasty with saying what i said but when we feel the same vibe year after year..it's usually right.

PS: I think i heard one of the developers in this gameplay video say that they implemented a closer camera after a play is over to put the camera focus on players closer than what a real NFL broadcast can do? Why would you do something that is not part of what "real" NFL does? See it's stuff like this that is not right..doing things or not fixing things that are not part of what we see watching a real NFL game. That's the main problem with Madden's presentation, reaching outside the box with things unnecessary or simply not fixing things that "are" necessary to capture the feel of a real NFL broadcast.

Does anybody else see the irony of this post??

Haha...#AllOverThePlace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #28
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

It's amazing to me how much time they spent on this "Draft Champions" mode and put things that seriously needed work on the back burner.

Another year. No buy. Games are just too expensive nowadays and NBA 2k16, NHL 16, and FIFA 16 are releasing around the same time. They get it right.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Foot-planting no where near where it needs to be, players still skating all over the field, does not even look like their feet are touching the ground sometimes, why can't they make the player run like FIFA! Doesn't the Ignite Engine supposed to make it easy to share technology.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:06 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:

Well said Moegames's...ALSO For god sake can we have a live out of town scores during my single offline season. I would like to know scores of other 1pm games going on especially in my division and during the playoff race instead of a advanced week button for every game that week!!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's amazing to me how much time they spent on this "Draft Champions" mode and put things that seriously needed work on the back burner.

Another year. No buy. Games are just too expensive nowadays and NBA 2k16, NHL 16, and FIFA 16 are releasing around the same time. They get it right.
100% AGREE!! CAN WE ALL AS HARD WORKNING THESE GAMES ARE NOT CHEAP GAMERS/CONSUMERS BANNED TOGETHER?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #32
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Please somebody save us frm this being the only game to have on the market.I believe in buisness but whats good for buisness is having others eat at the table so it keep others ontop of there game. We r in 2015 and its only small ateos being made to this game. So behind other titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »