Home

Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #97
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Didn't Kolbe say they lowered the amount of scouting points recently. The thing I love is that you lose points for not scouting. Also scouting doesn't start til week 3, so that makes it harder too.
I actually hate that you lose points for not scouting. They're basically punishing players for having real lives. I mean, if someone goes on vacation they're hurting their current season enough for having to go on Auto Pilot; now they're future seasons are getting harmed as well.

I'd dislike it less if you could scout online. Maybe they should get whoever worked on NCAA 14's website to create one for Madden because their online scouting was fine for the most part.

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #98
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I actually hate that you lose points for not scouting. They're basically punishing players for having real lives. I mean, if someone goes on vacation they're hurting their current season enough for having to go on Auto Pilot; now they're future seasons are getting harmed as well.

I'd dislike it less if you could scout online. Maybe they should get whoever worked on NCAA 14's website to create one for Madden because their online scouting was fine for the most part.

Spoiler
Easy solution for your situation. Scouts in Madden get vacation hours/weeks based on their overall. If your going on vacation IRL, you can use your vacation hours in Madden so that scouting will still occur and you won't lose the points.

All jokes aside. I agree with being able to scout online. The Madden CFM website could be SO much better, if it wasn't just some after thought feature.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:52 AM   #99
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But it might just tell you that the other game has a better game design, or stronger resources, or more customer friendly management.
No it tells me the other game is built completely different than the one we are talking about. I find Madden's customer friendly management to be excellent this year. There was outrage after the CFM details were announced with no Draft Board, a few weeks later they add a watch list (still not what we want but better than nothing). Kolbe and his team have been open and honest with the community this year.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:39 AM   #100
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
No it tells me the other game is built completely different than the one we are talking about. I find Madden's customer friendly management to be excellent this year. There was outrage after the CFM details were announced with no Draft Board, a few weeks later they add a watch list (still not what we want but better than nothing). Kolbe and his team have been open and honest with the community this year.
Not to mention there's still some more things coming they worked on late in addition to the watch list and confidence reset.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
That's why I had "might tell", and "OR's" instead of "AND'S". Your first sentence follows along the lines of "that other game might have a better design".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #102
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon13 Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

Quote:

Spoiler
Agreed, this is one of the worst things about it .Its fine for offline CFM, but not at all for online.Its almost like they have no clue what online CFM players are like . I dont want the un-logical CPU to do my scouting for me while im on vacation. Like you said its bad enough you will be losing games normally while on vacation, now your losing scouting points too??

On top of the fact, Look EA , most guys who play in online CFMs have real lives, they are not just teenagers in their moms basement who can play as much as they want, when they want. Alot of us have families, jobs, responsibilities outside of madden. If a league plays 8 minute quarters, it takes about an hour to complete 1 game ( IF there is no DC and we have to start game over) . Alot of us have to work at scheduling a time to play our opponent and alot of times ,are lucky to find that open hour to do so , let alone , after or before each game now we HAVE to take time to scout as well or get punished by losing points??On top of having to do our game prep as well. Scouting is more than just simply pressing a button quickly to unlock stuff. There is alot of thought that goes into it . It takes time. As ive stated before, one reason alot of online guys would wait until offseason to scout was, because they didnt have to set aside an hour to play a game since it was the offseason and that actually gave them time to look over their team well, see needs, wants, and then focus in on who to scout and what to scout. The reason for this , is because we have lives! Which this new system seems to say , well tough for you, do it our way.

To me this just seems like a total disconnect from the actual online players. Again this is fine for offline, there is only 1 person to worry about their schedule and can make time whenever before there is an advance. In an online league that is not even close to the case and players shouldnt be punished for having a life and being lucky to squeeze in an hour to get in a weeks worth of game .In a slow moving league , this might be ok ( except again for anyone going out of town ) but in a faster moving one, this is not a good look. I ,as a commish of a fast moving league, give this

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #103
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

This also should be addressed. Scouting and Drafting should be able to be done from a website. I have tried to get @kolbel to just sit down and talk with the guy who runs Daddy leagues. It seems rather clear the cfm website is just an afterthought ( as ive already heard nothing new , feature wise , was done with the website) for the last few years its been pretty lame.The guy who runs DL has made his site even more functional than EA's own site and he pretty much works by himself. 1 man , making a more functional site than even EA( or whomever they sub that out to) is doing. I really wish they would just sit down and talk with him . I believe if they would just work with him on it, they wouldnt have to be putting a ton of money into it , but could make the cfm website much much more functional and bring bout more things like this we would like to see.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »