Home

Have injuries finally been reworked in 16?

This is a discussion on Have injuries finally been reworked in 16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #17
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Have injuries finally been reworked in 16?

We just got penalties this year, y'all need to slow your role.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
We just got penalties this year, y'all need to slow your role.
U really r not for wanting realism that shouldve been in this game. We have been through all of these creators we've seen and not one have put this game were it should b. Its old games that has more in them on a old system. We are on new systems that hold way more and we r being Told to wait two more years. Its hard on us real SIM heads.But yeah we waited Long enough for simple stuff.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #19
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
You actually played games and had O llinemen get hurt? Does not count if you simmed. I have only ever seen o linemen get hurt in simmed games, never in played games.
And this is another issue in itself , that really needs to be addressed but im sure wont ever be. Simmed games needs to auto turn off injuries , and then switch back on after they are simmed. Its ridiculous how many players gets hurt in a sim, but you hardly ever, if ever, see that many get hurt in a played game.Yes injuries happen in real life. They happen in madden ( unless your an olinemen it seems). However, more times than not, if you sim a game , at least one team will lose 2-4 players in a sim as well the other team may lose a few. In no played games , over a full year of playing in CFM nonstop, has that many ever been hurt in a played game. This new sim to win feature is just going to add yet another thing for the commish to always try to remember to do . "Make sure you turn off injuries ,before you sim my win " we will be hearing alot, and it will be forgotten at times because we are human , and people will lose key players for weeks on end because of it.

Dont get me wrong, sim to win, good feature to add, however,its also kind of like giving someone a car with wheels that wont stay inflated and lose all pressure every time you use it, and being told , now just remember every time you drive it , you need to put air in all the tires first before you use it.......If we are going to add things how about we add them when they are fully thought thru what needs to be done in them and made to work that way first. Not add them in , and say , well you will need to do this and this first, but it will work ... be glad we gave you something ....Always having to "work around" what was not fully thought out and properly done gets old to a commish, just ask any out there who have run a league for more than 4 months

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
U really r not for wanting realism that shouldve been in this game. We have been through all of these creators we've seen and not one have put this game were it should b. Its old games that has more in them on a old system. We are on new systems that hold way more and we r being Told to wait two more years. Its hard on us real SIM heads.But yeah we waited Long enough for simple stuff.
I think he was joking.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
And this is another issue in itself , that really needs to be addressed but im sure wont ever be. Simmed games needs to auto turn off injuries , and then switch back on after they are simmed. Its ridiculous how many players gets hurt in a sim, but you hardly ever, if ever, see that many get hurt in a played game.Yes injuries happen in real life. They happen in madden ( unless your an olinemen it seems). However, more times than not, if you sim a game , at least one team will lose 2-4 players in a sim as well the other team may lose a few. In no played games , over a full year of playing in CFM nonstop, has that many ever been hurt in a played game. This new sim to win feature is just going to add yet another thing for the commish to always try to remember to do . "Make sure you turn off injuries ,before you sim my win " we will be hearing alot, and it will be forgotten at times because we are human , and people will lose key players for weeks on end because of it.

Dont get me wrong, sim to win, good feature to add, however,its also kind of like giving someone a car with wheels that wont stay inflated and lose all pressure every time you use it, and being told , now just remember every time you drive it , you need to put air in all the tires first before you use it.......If we are going to add things how about we add them when they are fully thought thru what needs to be done in them and made to work that way first. Not add them in , and say , well you will need to do this and this first, but it will work ... be glad we gave you something ....
Thats a bit of an exaggeration. Using that estimate, each team would lose a minimum of 32 players during a 16 season game. The highest numbers of players Ive seen on an injured list in Madden was 9 and that was a rare occurrence.

The injury function in Madden needs improvement but the number of injuries occuring during a sim doesnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #22
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats a bit of an exaggeration. Using that estimate, each team would lose a minimum of 32 players during a 16 season game. The highest numbers of players Ive seen on an injured list in Madden was 9 and that was a rare occurrence.

The injury function in Madden needs improvement but the number of injuries occuring during a sim doesnt.

I did not say every time a game is simmed. However it happens more than it should, and im already asked by players in my league anytime a game is simmed to try to remember ( which i dont always ) to turn off injuries .Guys dont mind losing a player if they played a game, but when they dont even play and then 2 key guys end up hurt, it does make a big difference to them. Ive ran a league for 4 years straight , and i know its a big enough issue , guys are wanting the injuries turned off everytime . Seems like about everytime i dont, someone gets hurt .Just what ive seen personally.ive seen two teams , playing each other lose 2 players each in sims as well, not everytime, but who wants to take that chance ?No one in our league does.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #23
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

also, our league stays full most of the time ( except this time of year) so its not like we sim a ton of games . But if a sim is going to happen , you can bet im being asked if i can turn off injuries. Which i do if the reason for the sim is excusable ,but i wont if th two parties just failed to communicate with one another or the league properly as we have set rules about that.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

just to show some proof, we do have about 12 open teams atm..... here is the list of all the injured players, most due to sims... http://daddyleagues.com/mbc/players?...=all&injured=1

shows just 50 on first page ( as the page only holds 50) however there are more but their site has a glitch( which i just found and will let dev know, who will fix it soon, because they listen) and when you try to see second page its resetting to show all players not those injured

just saying

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-23-2015 at 11:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »