Home

Sounds like player mode in CFM could be a focus next year, what do you guys hope for?

This is a discussion on Sounds like player mode in CFM could be a focus next year, what do you guys hope for? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Sounds like player mode in CFM could be a focus next year, what do you guys hope for?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sounds like player mode in CFM could be a focus next year, what do you guys hope

I really loved Superstar mode from Madden 09, when you performed combine drills to determine your starting ratings. You would run the 40 yd dash, bench press, and do a drill based on your position. You would also take the Wonderlic Test (a shortened version) and you got to chose your agent. The higher rating you had, the more choices you had. You could choose from a family friend, to an unproven agent, to a super-agent. Every few weeks, you would also take an interview to determine your personality.

I loved this mode and I played it for hours and hours. I hope that they implement something similar in the future.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 06-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Sounds like player mode in CFM could be a focus next year, what do you guys hope

I hope for player mode to not be the focus next year.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:58 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I hope for player mode to not be the focus next year.
It can be a focus, not THE focus for CFM hopefully. In the next two years I want to see the full fledged draft board, scores & stats tickers, weekly wrap up show, edit draft classes, renegotiate contracts with players after 30, improved halftime, new commentary with radio type guys who can get in the studio to record a ton of lines often, weather that affects games in CFM like real life, difference playing in Denver in Sept. vs Dec. A homefield advantage like NCAA but beyond so you lose composure/confidence at Seattle when you're a young QB who's inexperienced. I want to see a full injury report system where coaches designate players as probable-out and everything in between. Implement coordinators ala coach carousel with game plan and game prep.

I expect most of that if not all of it in the next two years.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I would like to see players having a true player experience. From going into the draft to negotiating contracts. We want to live the life of a player on and off the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I would like to see players having a true player experience. From going into the draft to negotiating contracts. We want to live the life of a player on and off the field.
Yeah I would love to see GM interviews and things like that similar to 2k and then you have your combine & pro day workouts, prepare for the draft, then find out what team picks you and then the journey truly begins.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:39 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

If that is the focus then I hope they go full out on the atmosphere/fluff of the mode. Interviews, apartments, everything. Go all NBA 2K14 on it. It's the only way it'll be different and interesting enough for me to play versus being a coach.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

My wish would come true if so. I've been waiting for Madden to allow multiple player careers on one team. I want to be able to play a franchise where I'm the QB and my two buddies are my WRs. That would be sick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »