Home

WR/DB interaction and Game play...

This is a discussion on WR/DB interaction and Game play... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WR/DB interaction and Game play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strkr3229
For one year of work, I think they've made a lot of changes to the game. We've yet to see if they're improvements. (I really want draft champions to work online)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
I meant to say offline
Old 06-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
of all the videos ive watched so far of gameplay, this is still something ive not really noticed - "hand fighting during route running" . Am i just missing this , or is the game missing it ?
There is hand fighting during route running but it is more subtle now, remember unlike the other football games that had WR/DB interactions, there is now the illegal contact rule in place where you're not supposed to make much contact after 5 yards. I personally don't like the rule, but I wouldn't expect to see handfighting on every route, but it is there from time to time. Sometimes you will see more blatant interactions and that will usually result in a holding or def PI being called.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
There is hand fighting during route running but it is more subtle now, remember unlike the other football games that had WR/DB interactions, there is now the illegal contact rule in place where you're not supposed to make much contact after 5 yards. I personally don't like the rule, but I wouldn't expect to see handfighting on every route, but it is there from time to time. Sometimes you will see more blatant interactions and that will usually result in a holding or def PI being called.
The 5 yard rule isn't new it's been around for atleast 10 years and hand fighting/jostling is allowed as long as the DB is looking back at the ball
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #20
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
There is hand fighting during route running but it is more subtle now, remember unlike the other football games that had WR/DB interactions.
So is this saying it already had hand fighting in madden? Now its being hyped as a big feature but its now more subtle? Just asking for clarification here cause im kinda confused now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The 5 yard rule isn't new it's been around for atleast 10 years and hand fighting/jostling is allowed as long as the DB is looking back at the ball
which is what im not really seeing . I mean maybe im just missing it. Honestly thought,im kinda failing to see the difference , other than the point when the catch is being made or attempted to be made. Even then, i saw DBs swiping at players hands and arms when going for the catch, just seems maybe theres new buttons to either go for int or go for the tackle, which kinda was already in madden 15. You could press triangle to go for int, or press L1 or R1 or something to go for the knockdown/out.As i was saying if someone else can see it and clearly point it out that would be great, cause id like to see it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #21
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
of all the videos ive watched so far of gameplay, this is still something ive not really noticed - "hand fighting during route running" . Am i just missing this , or is the game missing it ?
I don't remember which video, either the draft champions with Shopmaster or one of the other Draft Champions videos, but on a deep ball to Joe Horn, there is hand fighting throughout the entire route, until Joe Horn breaks away and catches a long TD pass

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #22
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anyone asked the question whether height will play a factor in these wr/db interactions. Say for instance a matchup between Richard Sherman(6,3) against Steve Smith(5,9). Is smith going to be winning jump ball situations?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I don't remember which video, either the draft champions with Shopmaster or one of the other Draft Champions videos, but on a deep ball to Joe Horn, there is hand fighting throughout the entire route, until Joe Horn breaks away and catches a long TD pass
Unless you're seeing these plays in instant replay you're not going to see it. There's even hand fighting/jostling between the LB and TE at times and I haven't seen that yet, even in goal line situations.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
What's the deal with face catching? It happens IRL too.

As long it's defendable I don't have a problem with it. Just don't want see exploits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »