Home

What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden?

This is a discussion on What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #9
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

1# more player traits , route runner traits , deep treat , power runner ect trait base ala 2k

2# signature movement and run style so Adrian Peterson feels different then Jamal Charles Or M Lynch ! And QB passing movment some QB get the ball
Off faster some have longer motion .

3# scouting : every team should have a scout and the better your scout the more accurate his info on players : also scout should have traits : and ratings different categories : 1#good at judging top talent 2# good at finding gems :
3# scouting offensive players # scouting def players # scouting by position skill players , linemen .. And each category can be upgraded by xp !

Scout info more accurate the more he scout ppl and the info he give you would be like maybe the first time : this runing back quick and acc fast and a good blocker . Then any visit they could say I see star possibly I'll have to scout him more or he may be avg at best in the nfl I'll have to see him more .

You could send your scout out every week scout certain player to get that better info or if your busy person just tell your scout what your looking for and you find it and see what you can come up with also have pro days we're you invite after combine and chose 3 to 6 players to work out to get the most accurate info from scout .

Your scout will be as important as your head coach!

4# after gameplay is great bells n whistle espn weekly shows in game update and highlights

5# weather impact games and movements and passes
Old 06-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
1# more player traits , route runner traits , deep treat , power runner ect trait base ala 2k
Wasn't sure we're edit ,so not every QB can make the same passes . I like the inaccuracy they added . But we need more and the traits and different QB traits scrambler trait and pin point passes trait (good at possession passes over the shoulder and rca throws ) a deep passer trait ( good at throwing the ball up in air for aggressive catches,some QB good at deep passes but not rac throws and possession )so these new passes not ever QB can make these passes you need this trait to throw a low possession pass or over the shoulder passes every QB can attempt these passes but without trait it should say the % chance of completion is less them 15% : this would help make a manning or Tom Brady different then a cam newton ! WR need a lot of traits also not every fast WR means he good at getting deep gotta look at a lot of traits ever position keep ratings but need a lot of traits to make players do different animation others can't do !

Last edited by Allball76; 06-21-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Online Team Up. 11 vs 11 is probably unrealistic because most people aren't going to want to play as offensive linemen, fullbacks, etc.

But a 5v5 or 6v6 online team up mode (using either real teams/players or created players) could be a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

2 things from nba 2k
They need good commentary.... Badly. seeing maddens e3 gameplay it's seems that hasn't improved
Also they could benefit from a mycareer similar to 2k starting from draft day
Old 06-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I like how The Show does a good job of capturing all the different types of transactions and player movement such as the Rule 5 draft, designating guys for assignment and placing guys on waivers and I like that it gives the ability to manually injure guys.

I'd like to see Madden do something similar where they have all types of transactions, such as both types of franchise tags, restricted free agency, and exclusive rights free agents for guys with less than three years service
Old 06-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #14
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I beat this drum every time it's mentioned, but I loved home field advantage in NCAA 2005. The fact that crowd noise had a tangible effect on the UI added a lot to gameplay IMO.

I'd also like to bring back some form of Dynasty wire. It was cooler than hell to be able to make your own highlight packages and even write up stories about your games/your recruits/whatever you wanted.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #15
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

The Show has a few things that Madden should try to implement.

- Stat Banners, lots of them

- Dynamic commentary that points out relevant information regarding in-game stats, in-season achievements, and historical records & stats

- Better day-night transitions. Madden's are good, but I feel like the shadows only move every quarter and not after every few series within quarters. NFL games are hours long, so reward us who play longer quarters with better sun transitions

- Empty seats/sections of the stadium. I know it'll never happen because of the NFL, but it would be cool to see late season games at certain stadiums have a scattered crowd. At least put a few empty seats here and there, especially in the upper corners near the endzones. Not all stadiums are jam packed during all 4 quarters, all season long.

- Studio Pre-game show in franchise like NBA 2k

- Ability to choose cold-weather games without snow. WE NEED THIS

Also, CBS & ESPN presentation like NCAA Basketball 10. I know that the NFL doesn't want Madden using the ESPN license, but this would be huge for the presentation overall. Tirico, Gruden, and Jaws for MNF would be a huge win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Do you mean something where you can take your own music and put in the game? Like for whenever the Pats score a touchdown you hear musket shots. Or in NHL you would have authentic goal horns not already on the disc.
Exactly! I really miss this in a football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »