Home

What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden?

This is a discussion on What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #57
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That part of it was ok but the way 71 just slides around 62 and then through him, then shifts into a double team pass block looked awful.
I didn't like how 71 shifted either, but it happens. Happens in madden too. No game is perfect. BUt the guard play just looked ok? There was actual technique happening. A real battle between the guard and the defensive lineman. As a qb you can read that and step up in the pocket or slide to the right to keep your protection between you and the defense. You can't do that with patty cake line play.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: What features are in other sports games that you want to see implemented in Madde

Quote:
That part of it was ok but the way 71 just slides around 62 and then through him, then shifts into a double team pass block looked awful.

That isn't the point here. There are problems with some things, but I love how you see an 8 year old game that is an xbox port that shows proper technique and you say "awful". The warping and shifting in madden is much worse with 10 years of "advancement". This is why discussions to improve madden are pointless. You will only see what you want to see. This type of technique doesn't exist in madden. And the line interactions look silly. The shuffling around of the lineman to form a wall is very unpolished and looks dated. This was shown to give some perspective on what has been done and what many would like to see (or better) in madden. For some reason, it burns your blood that these guys managed to do things that the madden team still have not. I have countless clips showing some of the worst line play in a football game from madden 15. That's not the point here. The point is we have seen very good line play elements featured in this game that would go a long way with enhancing madden. Does this game also have some bonehead plays? Absolutely. I just want to see more of this and less of the lowest common denominator of block block release, go back to the original spot hunched over while my QB gets creamed.

Oh and yes, to your point, that shift by 71 did look bad :-)

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-27-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Improved sidelines similar to APF 2K8.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #60
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Improved sidelines similar to APF 2K8.
How are the sidelines in Madden any different than in that game? They look nearly identical to me.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
How are the sidelines in Madden any different than in that game? They look nearly identical to me.
JP just go watch a Vid of any APF 2K8 game lol. It's self explanatory. For example, players on the sideline are more aware of what's happening on the field in APF. When a player runs out of bounds, sideline players will actually put their arms out trying to stop the player from falling, etc... In Madden players do move out of the way (sometimes sliding) but it's nowhere near the detail of APF.

Sideline players also react individually as opposed to Madden where players tend to react in unison where multiple players are doing the exact same animation at the same time.

Lastly sideline players in APF are the actual on field players meaning they have their actual on field accessories, names on the back of their jerseys, etc... In Madden the sideline players still look generic compared to the on field players which is an eyesore. Now I understand that the graphical fidelity in Madden is a lot higher than APF however we're also working with more powerful consoles so I believe the sidelines should improve.

To put things into prospective , I know that the sidelines aren't the 1st priority but they've been neglected long enough & it's time they get some love. Give me some cheerleaders too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #62
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
JP just go watch a Vid of any APF 2K8 game lol. It's self explanatory. For example, players on the sideline are more aware of what's happening on the field in APF. When a player runs out of bounds, sideline players will actually put their arms out trying to stop the player from falling, etc... In Madden players do move out of the way (sometimes sliding) but it's nowhere near the detail of APF.

Sideline players also react individually as opposed to Madden where players tend to react in unison where multiple players are doing the exact same animation at the same time.

Lastly sideline players in APF are the actual on field players meaning they have their actual on field accessories, names on the back of their jerseys, etc... In Madden the sideline players still look generic compared to the on field players which is an eyesore. Now I understand that the graphical fidelity in Madden is a lot higher than APF however we're also working with more powerful consoles so I believe the sidelines should improve.

To put things into prospective , I know that the sidelines aren't the 1st priority but they've been neglected long enough & it's time they get some love. Give me some cheerleaders too
Ok I hear you, I'm guessing they will probably do more with the sidelines next year since they did some good things with the crowd and cameramen this year. If you watch the sidelines on the M16 videos it does look like they at least are making different celebration animations now and not the same ones. I didn't notice that when I played but I wasn't looking at the sidelines as much as I did the crowd and cameramen.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #63
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Don't they already have this??? I didn't play 15 but it was definitely in 25.
They had voice cadences for certain players, but idk about throwing motions and dropbacks. I doubt it.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #64
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'd like to see something like 2K has in their basketball games for free throws where it uses the real-life percentage rather than user input to determine success. I'd like to see this be an option for field goal kicking and extra points.
I have never played NBA 2K but I presume for free throws user has no input? I would like to see the option in madden as your kicker is lining up you could press X to kick the way we always have or to press a button that automatically uses a formula ( kicker %'s from differing distances with weather and wind calculations plus clutch rating) and it then goes to a cut scene that includes blocks, muffed snaps, clanked posts. it could be very cinematic and potentially drama filled whereas now it is a mechanical automatic pointless exercise for any kick under 50 yards. This way we could take any kicks that we wanted, watch a cinematic kick if we felt like that at any moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »