Home

Free Agent Attributes

This is a discussion on Free Agent Attributes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Free Agent Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I believe I heard you can access their player card directly from the free agent menus this year - so yes, it appears you will be able to access their ratings this year.
I haven't heard that, where did you hear that?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I haven't heard that, where did you hear that?
If memory serves, when they initially announced the new player card. I'm at work right now but I'll try to dig it up later.

Intuitively, it doesn't make much sense to make the effort to add a player card if you can't access it at every possible screen.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #11
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I believe I heard you can access their player card directly from the free agent menus this year - so yes, it appears you will be able to access their ratings this year.
Now that you mention it I think I remember something like this too, It was in one of the blogs or videos when they were talking about how much more accessible everything is this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Then we should at least have some sort of scouting report. What were his stats last leason? What type of player is he? All we can see now is size, scheme and age. That's terrible. Especially when you get a few years in and they're all draft generated players that you know almost nothing about unless you scan the stats screen all season long and somehow remember everyone.
Exactly what I was saying to a friend on XBL. I understand if the devs are trying to make it more realistic.

Once real NFL players are weeded out of the league, you begin guessing on players attributes.Sure there may be a workaround, but IMO the necessary elements to select a free agent should all be in the free agent menu.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Now that you mention it I think I remember something like this too, It was in one of the blogs or videos when they were talking about how much more accessible everything is this year.
Well I know in Shopmaster's last show he said we need to be able see FA attributes but can't this year at least from what he played in CFM last and I can confirm that myself from my time with the game. CFM wasn't in the E3 build so idk where this other info came from.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

This wasn't in Madden 13, got added to Madden 25 and was made a big deal, and then removed without reason from Madden 15. Like others have said, with these generated draft class guys you have zero idea what kind of players they are.

There is one workaround, if you use the CFM website you can actually look at the full stats for the Free Agents. I wish the game gave us the same ability again.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

That's a bizarre oversight considering it was in 25. This sort of thing is why people criticize Madden for removing features and adding them back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

If this was more of an "on-purpose" thing to make it tough to sign FA's you probably shouldn't be able to see attributes before the FA period and after the FA period, too. I can take one look at the attributes of a player and will know if he truly "fits my scheme" or not, so I don't understand why they took this out. For the sim extremists who don't like seeing ratings at all, you should still be able to see their previous production. So this has always smelled like more of an oversight to me than anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »