Home

Season ?

This is a discussion on Season ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #9
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Season ?

It does take a bit of setting up to get 32 team control, but you can turn all the roster moves to manual so that they won't make any moves unless you do. Or if you want them to simply sign a FA when there's an injury you could turn all the roster management options to manual but leave the FILL ROSTER option at automatic. But yes, this would have to be done for all 32 teams.

Personally, though my perception of EA's marketing is that they are targeting MUT and Draft Champions as the modes to keep people without hardcore interest in CFM interested in the game.

I want my CFM mode to be an extremely deep experience, so I'm definitely not saying that adding a Season Mode would be difficult per se. I am a proponent of options, so I would be rooting for you guys to get that mode if it's important to you. I just don't personally find stopping after a year enjoyable. It was in Super Tecmo Bowl, but Madden has been doing franchise mode (some would say poorly recently) since 1999 so it's just something I don't personally align with.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #10
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
It does take a bit of setting up to get 32 team control, but you can turn all the roster moves to manual so that they won't make any moves unless you do. Or if you want them to simply sign a FA when there's an injury you could turn all the roster management options to manual but leave the FILL ROSTER option at automatic. But yes, this would have to be done for all 32 teams.

Personally, though my perception of EA's marketing is that they are targeting MUT and Draft Champions as the modes to keep people without hardcore interest in CFM interested in the game.

I want my CFM mode to be an extremely deep experience, so I'm definitely not saying that adding a Season Mode would be difficult per se. I am a proponent of options, so I would be rooting for you guys to get that mode if it's important to you. I just don't personally find stopping after a year enjoyable. It was in Super Tecmo Bowl, but Madden has been doing franchise mode (some would say poorly recently) since 1999 so it's just something I don't personally align with.
Personally I wouldn't want them to work on a separate season mode that would just be wasted resources. If anything just make it easier for full 32 team control for the folks who like that sort of thing.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #11
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Personally I wouldn't want them to work on a separate season mode that would just be wasted resources. If anything just make it easier for full 32 team control for the folks who like that sort of thing.
Agreed. Remember those old screens where they showed all 32 teams on one page as you setup your franchise and you could toggle human or CPU for each team? That would be a welcome return in some way. Maybe they could show all 32 teams and let you put an X next to teams you want to control. Then when you press enter you go to a very similar screen, only the toggles this time are:

CREATE A PLAYER, BE EXISTING PLAYER, CREATE A COACH, BE EXISTING COACH, CREATE AN OWNER, BE EXISTING OWNER.

So then if you're a straight to it kinda guy, you toggle them all to BE EXISTING OWNER or BE EXISTING COACH and boom, you're done. Next screen can then ask if you want to set individual roster management for each team, or use a global setting on all teams

The season mode crowd can be inside the season ready to play within about 5 minutes. Honestly, it could be similar to what I just proposed in the new game. Although I don't know the particulars I've heard that the ease of setup was definitely addressed for M16, so you guys might find starting a new CFM a little less daunting this year than it has been in the last few years anyway.

Last edited by EricFreakingBerry; 06-29-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
Banned

Just let me edit EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ratings included INSIDE an offline CFM and I'm golden.

I control all 32... Handle every single trade, FA signing, draft etc for all teams due to the complete and utter stupidity of the CPU in every single area.

I'll set depth charts from game to game to duffle RB during simulation. I'll manually "hurt" players for a game or 2 by burying them in the depth chart.

I hire and fire who I want when I want.

Last year it took me 3 days just to get to play a single game... But it was worth all the edits, time and shuffling to do so.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why cant madden just do it as simple as 2k? just pick franchise or season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Madden could do something like 2K with MyGM and allow you to create a single GM then select what teams you'd like to control with a single button tap before you start.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 07-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #15
Banned

I would like a simple season or play off mode too. Even with setting everything to auto pilot it still takes too long to start and get through a simple season. I think the reason Madden does this is to force people to play CFM. We'll their CFM mode isn't good enough for me to spend so much time on, just give me a simple season and play off mode, and don't give say I can just sim through the season, because I want to be able to import my own teams and rosters for the season or play off mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #16
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

A couple of ideas that would help me out.

1. Let me rank all the attributes for each position and set them automatically as far as XP progression is concerned. When I progress my players I would hit the progress players button once.

2. Same for scouting, I would rank the attributes I wanted to scout at every position and set them in preseason. When I wanted to scout I could just hit the button once.

Hope I'm making since. It would save a ton of time..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »