Home

Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
One thing I remembered this morning that I hadn't mentioned, yet: the CPU still refuses to try and stay inbounds. There was at least two occasions where the CPU ballcarrier could have run in for a touchdown but instead just ran straight out of bounds.

Oddly enough, I saw some really cool "stay in bounds" animations on the user end. It was baffling.
Wow...how could they miss tuning this. Potential game play killer.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Wow...how could they miss tuning this. Potential game play killer.

C
Hmmm if you watch the pats falcons draft champions video the CPU TE stays in bounds two plays in a row.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #27
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Hmmm if you watch the pats falcons draft champions video the CPU TE stays in bounds two plays in a row.
JP you always say play the game before you judge it. Now people that have played it are telling us it's still an issue and you're discounting them based on videos.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
JP you always say play the game before you judge it. Now people that have played it are telling us it's still an issue and you're discounting them based on videos.
I'm not questioning them I'm just saying the video I referenced shows the CPU TE staying in bounds. From when I played the game I don't remember it being an issue either.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #29
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
" It isn't the gang-tackling of old (seeing seven to eight players pile up is a rarity), but rather a dynamic system in which can actually prevent extra yardage from the ball carrier's side"

Does this mean an end to the falling forward animation? I understand it happens (especially for the Alfred Morris and Lynch types), but the player doesn't even budge when they enter this animation.
I honestly wasn't paying close enough to this specific thing, but I can at least say I didn't notice the animation too frequently while playing.

Quote:
What did you notice about the sideline players that was much improved? I was thinking they looked pretty much the same from what I remember, but it's very possible they updated them just before E3.
Specifically, I have it in my notes as "sidelines don't look as stiff while playing the game". I mostly remember looking to the sideline while running a kick back and things didn't look so blocky on either side, but I'd have to play M15 side by side to compare it properly. I should say they didn't mention anything about the sidelines getting changed (though, I didn't ask, either).

Quote:
Ben, were you able to use different level QB's?
So I actually did my best to keep track of this. While I can't speak to the individual "feel", I did keep some small statistical notes:

Bridgewater: 12/16, 186 yards (User)
Mariota: 6/13, 51 yards (User/me)

Bridgewater: 7/11, 155 yards (User/me)
Eli Manning: 12/14 177 yards (CPU)

Sanchez: 14/21, 98 yards (me)
Tannehill: 11/15, 202 yards (CPU)

Bortles: 10/21, 101 yards (me)
Andy Dalton: 19/26, 240 yards (user)

I wish it had struck me to keep stats the first day I played but it just slipped my mind. I honestly couldn't tell a huge difference between QBs after Mariota, who felt slippery but couldn't hit mid-range passes.

Quote:
It could be a total non-issue. Remember, I played maybe ten games, all pretty short. But in my time playing the game, the CPU (when running diagonally, not right alongside the OOB line) would just keep running out of bounds instead of changing course. It was definitely apparent, in my time with the game.

Hope this helps answer some questions!

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Are these impressions from E3 or a more recent play test? When you say the players on the sidelines look a lot better, what do you mean by that?
I would like to know this as well. I'm a HUGE proponent of upgrading the sideline players as they still look generic (all wearing high socks, no accessories, no names on back of jerseys, etc...) From the vids I've seen the sideline players looked the same as last year which is unfortunate. Upgrading the sidelines would make this game look so much better.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #31
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I would like to know this as well. I'm a HUGE proponent of upgrading the sideline players as they still look generic (all wearing high socks, no accessories, no names on back of jerseys, etc...) From the vids I've seen the sideline players looked the same as last year which is unfortunate. Upgrading the sidelines would make this game look so much better.
I can confirm the high socks stuff is still a thing, which is too bad. The sidelines felt more slightly more lifelike in-game to me, but I wouldn't expect any huge upgrades, in this regard.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks Ben, that clears it up for me.

I like to see Sanchez going l4/21, Bortles less than 50%, etc.... At least, based on those stats, appears to be differentials noticeable at the QB level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »