Home

600 New Plays Added to Madden 16

This is a discussion on 600 New Plays Added to Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
600 New Plays Added to Madden 16

Apparently the dev team has added new plays

http://stickskills.com/2015/07/01/60...madden-nfl-16/

Quote:
Madden NFL 16 will have 600 new plays this year according to EA Sports. Of those 600 plays, 100 of them will be “shot plays.” A shot play is exactly how it sounds. It is a play designed to take a shot deep. It usually involves a play action pass and you leave extra running backs and tight ends in to block while you send your receivers deep downfield.

Each Madden 16 playbook will have team specific shot plays designed specifically for them based off of the plays they called in last year’s NFL season.

EA Sports met with legendary coach Tom Moore who worked on all of the new additions to this year’s playbooks but specifically authentic shot plays.

If 100 of the new plays in Madden 16 are shot plays, that still leaves 500 other new plays. We don’t yet know if they are truly new plays with new routes and new formations or if they are just taking a basic concept like curl flats or mesh and changing up 1 route within the play and calling it new. Hopefully, at least some of the 500 plays are truly unique.

It is however hard to implement new plays because there is a large community dedicated to finding Madden 16 money plays and nano blitzes. Any new play that is added has to be extensively tested to make sure it isn’t overpowered.

Some of the most common ways people exploited Madden NFL 15 was through hot routes on screen passes and hot routes on automotion plays. EA Sports has taken away that ability this year. You can read up on the full details regarding that decision here.

We do already know that at least 1 of the plays added this year will be a new fake field goal play which is long overdue. There hasn’t been a new special teams play added to the Madden franchise in the last 10 years. It will be good to finally see something new.

We don’t yet know the breakdown of how many new plays were added to defense versus how many plays were added to offense. Outside of a few new formations there usually aren’t too many new defensive plays added. Most of the 600 plays will likely be added to offensive playbooks.

Madden NFL 16 is due out on the XBOX One, PlayStation 4, XBOX 360, and XBOX One on August 25th, 2015.

Last edited by splff3000; 07-01-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 600 New Plays Added to Madden 16

Ooh Tom Moore. I always hired him as my HC in Maddens 2004 and on. Really exciting to hear.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Really interested to see what the Patriots shot plays are. Probably a Hail Mary...they never call shot plays.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Really interested to see what the Patriots shot plays are. Probably a Hail Mary...they never call shot plays.
I mentioned this in the other thread when shot plays were first announced wondering how they'd handle this for the Chiefs being they that threw deep maybe 10 times last season lol.

This is good news though and I hope offense and defense got equal love. But I really hope they messed with the team gameplans. There is way too much Curls and Sticks for every team which is part of the reason it feels like every team plays the same. GamePlans is such an underutilized thing in the game and could make the CPU play so much better and unique on offense and defense if it was utilized correctly.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

I don't really like not being able to call hot routes on motion plays or on screens. I wish they'd have fixed the defense not being able to stop it instead of taking away more options for offline people to fix an online problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm glad and I hope they expanded all the base playbooks greatly.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Disapointed that they have to spend so much time worrying about the cheesers.

As someone who only does single player offline franchise with a sim focus, I'd like to have as many plays as possible without having to worry about that stuff.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #8
Just started!

Symphoniczz's Arena

Seahawks won't have any run plays...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »