Home

Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

This is a discussion on Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #1
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

OVR: 0
Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

I've finally solved the mystery of the fatigue slider for any Madden starting at Madden 13 and beyond. To get your players to sub out on their own when they're tired before they play themselves to injury like idiots. Just go to the game options window scroll down to the fatigue slider and max out to 100. Then adjust the positional subs to your preference and play on, player.

You'll notice the player will actually sub out when they get tired, like real life. So if your starting running back has a big run and you set a reasonably high sub out rating of like 80. He'll sub himself out until he rested to come back in at the sub in rating you set. To prevent the scrubs on your team from subbing in too often just lower you sub out rating for that desired position. I know someone on here has probably figured this out already. But it's new to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMellow
I've finally solved the mystery of the fatigue slider for any Madden starting at Madden 13 and beyond. To get your players to sub out on their own when they're tired before they play themselves to injury like idiots. Just go to the game options window scroll down to the fatigue slider and max out to 100. Then adjust the positional subs to your preference and play on, player.

You'll notice the player will actually sub out when they get tired, like real life. So if your starting running back has a big run and you set a reasonably high sub out rating of like 80. He'll sub himself out until he rested to come back in at the sub in rating you set. To prevent the scrubs on your team from subbing in too often just lower you sub out rating for that desired position. I know someone on here has probably figured this out already. But it's new to me.
I personally use '60 fatigue' and the auto-subs, depending on where your auto-sub preference is set having the fatigue 'too high' and if the sub in/out settings are not set right to account for the increased fatigue, it will prevent players from subbing in, even manually until they reach whatever your 'sub in' threshold is.

So I don't know how much time you've spent on this but you may want to tinker just a little bit more. This usually sets in late 3rd and into the 4th.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

Last edited by Dj_MyTime; 07-02-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Here is my concern with this..1 do u set fatigue in Main Menu then import? Or do u adjust from CFM? 2. Auto subs in Play Now works properly why different in CFM..? 3 do players disappear? Do lineman sub out or anyone when Auto Subs are set to 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMellow

You need to play this out a little more. At these settings, you will notice players will sub out in the second half and never come back.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

higher fatigue rating causing players to get tired and sub out?

So what is the mystery?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Also with fatigue too high you see starting offensive linemen come out during drives witch doesn't happen in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #7
Banned

I was using 60-70 but defensive players get too tired late in the 3rd and in the 4th quarters and there's too much offense. I may run for 4-5ypc in the 1st half and that may increase to 5-7ypc in the last two drives - if I'm up and power running.

It sucks, but I think I'll stick with 50 fatigue to keep the games challenging.

Just my opinion though.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I use 85 fatigue and I don't see players disappearing. If your defense is on the field too long they will start subbing but on a positive note, if you keep your defense rested and force some 3 and outs, you'll have them fresh for the 2nd half.

I user Terrance Knighton(Aka Pot Roast) and in my last game he had 6 tackles which is really good for a nose tackle, and keep in mind he's out on 3rd dwn and medium and long(I use nickel out of the 3-4 pb and it puts my pass rushing DE's in at both tackle spots.

Your defense will get tired if you keep allowing them to drive and get 1st dwns, so it puts an even higher imphasis on playing good solid defense.
I also have the Pbk and Rbk zeroed out for user and cpu. So ratings mean even more and even when dark yellow/orangish fatigue sets in, you can still when the battle in the trenches.
I forced 2 fumbles on the cpus EJ Manuel in the 4th and came back from being down 10 w/ about 3.5mins to play.
It was overall a very evenly matched game but my D made the plays in the end to win it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »