Home

Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

This is a discussion on Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #73
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Well, from what Dan from FBG posted here a while back, he disclosed in his interview for a ratings job there that he would have to cater to marketing to make changes to ratings even if they weren't "right". That seems to be invasive to me, assuming Dan was telling the truth, and I don't see why he wouldn't be.
That was 100% true. I wish I had recorded that convo last time. I learned my lesson.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #74
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I'm not saying it won't happen but how do we know that Dan or the next guy won't have the constraints as Donny had?
A very legitimate question. Know this: I did not accept anything with EA before due to them asking to compromise my system. Needless to say I have not yet lost my principals. That issue may need to be hacked out...in writing.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #75
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
A very legitimate question. Know this: I did not accept anything with EA before due to them asking to compromise my system. Needless to say I have not yet lost my principals. That issue may need to be hacked out...in writing.
I am willing to guess, since they know your position, they may be more open to negotiate to your terms, since they contacted you again...I hope..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 19

As I stated in another thread, if they opened ratings editing back up to gamers in CFM, there would really be no need to have an individual on salary to do that.

Wish this was a prelude to traveling down this path, but my curiousity is peaked towards what lies ahead in this area.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
If something comes of this for you, and I know this need not be said, but please make sure the rookie draft classes have your ratings scale so we don't have a bunch of rookies being drafted that kills the ratings balance.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

the one that never gets mentioned is that the ratings guy should also be dialed in as to how the ratings transfer to the actual gameplay on the field.

the guy doing the ratings should know exactly what each rating does and make sure those assigned ratings are funtioning during gameplay and aren't just numbers being assigned with no bearng at all.

take for instance spin, juke & elusivness why include the ratings if cpu doesn't utilize arsenal of moves.

kick return rating is useless but it's in the game....just a random number ea assigns.

they had footwork ratings that actually did work and when edited properly you could actually witness better OL/DL interaction but those ratings were removed.

so i guess my point is i hope the next guy assigning ratings works hand in hand with actual game testers to determine which ratings function and which ones don't.

who wants 20 different ratings if only 8 of them actually function on field?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #79
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

We want all the ratings to work and be significant...
Old 07-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #80
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
the one that never gets mentioned is that the ratings guy should also be dialed in as to how the ratings transfer to the actual gameplay on the field.

the guy doing the ratings should know exactly what each rating does and make sure those assigned ratings are funtioning during gameplay and aren't just numbers being assigned with no bearng at all.

take for instance spin, juke & elusivness why include the ratings if cpu doesn't utilize arsenal of moves.

kick return rating is useless but it's in the game....just a random number ea assigns.

they had footwork ratings that actually did work and when edited properly you could actually witness better OL/DL interaction but those ratings were removed.

so i guess my point is i hope the next guy assigning ratings works hand in hand with actual game testers to determine which ratings function and which ones don't.

who wants 20 different ratings if only 8 of them actually function on field?
Do you have support for what ratings work and which do not work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »