Home

Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

This is a discussion on Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2015, 09:25 PM   #569
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
Now that Don is gone are there going to be anymore roster updates? They are usually released on Thursdays in the afternoon but one wasn't released today.
Moore hasn't been with EA this whole year. This old thread just became the venue for an entirely different discussion a while ago.

There will definitely still be roster updates.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #570
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Speaking from family experience, I have nephews and cousins that play online and offline CFM's that are anywhere between the ages of 14-40 who are Madden casuals.

At the end of the day, as I mentioned previously, if they make the menus simple and maybe some tutorials on CFM, it shouldn't matter to the casuals that play CFM.

They will learn and adjust.

My larger point is that EA will market more to the casual market.

I don't think there is a need going forward to go down the same old casual vs sim for the umpteenth time.

It's 2016 Game modes just need options ! Makes everyone happy, Im talking causal vs simulation .

Need regular/arcade settings and player ratings. More towards like they are now rosters and game play wise !

Then we need simulation settings and ratings .
Sim rules (remember old madden fair play rules punts, ect). Also the tuning is more as sim as possible more like how the game launch aggressive catching, inaccuracy's, run game no warp tackling and ratings more inline with all time greats. (via nba 2k) and FBG ratings or similar.

Mut leave it (makes too much money this is a regular/arcade mode).

Draft champions maybe try both regular/arcade and simulation.

Online head to head would be same both regular/arcade and simulation.

CFM needs both to many different people out there !

Also with ratings more tendency and traits !
Release of QB , Run styles of running backs !
Height and weight should factor in gameplay more and there rating(via 2k football height on players or weight impacted your overall )Why not 6'5 240lbs Calvin Johnson is a major difference when it comes to 5'9 175lbs Tavon Austin

Pass rush feel so similar on all players and the patch tries to adjust to make it so we can get a rush but if JJ watt was just a 89 to 91 rating and the avg d linemen/off linemen was a 55 to 70 the difference would be so big watt would feel Dominate . Many players are close in ratings and this is why when they make the pass rush effective everyone is and when its tune down no one get sacks.

(for simulation ratings)

Avg player should be (40 - 65)
starter (65 to 75)
pro bowler (75 to 88)
All time greats (89 to 99)

Also traits to make them more dominate and animation pass rushes moves , spin moves ect that star players have!

Better ratings dose improve gameplay but traits separate them more also and back to run style. The ratings alone don't make Adrian Peterson feels different then Lynch ! Need real run styles capture and more generic styles to make players feel different And trait wise just need more to affect game play style ! Corners like Patrick Peterson plays so much different then other corners but don't feel like it !

Some player's that play the same position are very similar in ratings ,speed ,height all seem to play the same .But just because Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin are similar in weight and height there so different in play styles need that run styles and traits ,traits, traits

Then once you get players feel right , we can adjust the gameplay defensive match up's so I can put Patrick Peterson on Calvin Johnson the whole game ! Don't need every player just my top corner to match up and double teams ! This would help so much with defensive strategies . Old madden I could double team any player in pause menu . I Belive this was one reason that made aggressive catch frustrating, its too much button pushing everplay to double team Calvin Johnson or not be able to follow him around with my top corner !

Once we separate this then we can just do real football and keep casuals happy also .

Tiger woods has a simulation mode . This would fix a lot give option please give us this is 2016 !

Last edited by Allball76; 01-10-2016 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »