Home

Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

This is a discussion on Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #65
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Guys,

Just want to let the community know that I have already been contacted by EA today about "an open dialog" regarding my website's use at EA. We have a meeting set up for 16:30 EST on Monday. Details to come after that.

Dan
This is music to my ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #66
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's the point I was making...
Yeah, I was agreeing and hoping that the new person/people can find a way to deal with that reality, while still being able to make fundamental changes that enhance the gameplay greatly.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #67
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That's his point.

Remember Adembroski? Very active OS member who had fantastic ideas and thoughts.

Got hired by EA, either left or was asked to leave a year later. Went on a long long Twitter rant and hasn't been heard of since.
Completely off topic but I'm actually friends with that dude. Still talk to him to this day. I've asked him about how all of that went down, but he's still honoring his NDA from working there and stuff. I remember the article written about him being fired, and the way they portrayed him is absolutely nothing like how he is in real life. I never worked with him though so I can't say either way.

He did tell me that whoever was in charge, was in charge. That he worked with a small group of people and that the dude in charge of the group was incompetent and thats why they never seemed to get enough done.

That was all years ago though, and I really like the direction the game is going now. Not trying to start anything against the dev team or anything like that, because I really like what they're doing.

So yeah, nothing productive there, just a fun fact I've been sitting on for a while.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 1

It's anecdotal, but I've always noticed a bigger difference at the top of the scale than in the middle. So there's a bigger difference between 94 and 99 than 60 and 70. Could be wrong though.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 18

One thing I can hope changes (not popular opinion) is that rating updates should be every 4 weeks. So let's say ODB has a game were he drops 5 passes; on Monday his catch ratings shouldn't take a hit; but if he continues struggling after weeks 4, I think then it makes more sense to adjust his ratings to his current playing.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #70
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
U guys would not like me any more than Donny as i would go toward a NFL 2k5 mlb the show ratings model for use in madden 2017
my biggest diff would be look at madden 2003 and madden 2010 default rosters and in a perfect world i would have 32 people working under me 1 guy per team
Old 07-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #71
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
One thing I can hope changes (not popular opinion) is that rating updates should be every 4 weeks. So let's say ODB has a game were he drops 5 passes; on Monday his catch ratings shouldn't take a hit; but if he continues struggling after weeks 4, I think then it makes more sense to adjust his ratings to his current playing.
I am a huge proponent of this. Player movement daily, ratings changes monthly. However, since my site is real-time, any and all ratings can change whenever the scouts change them. I have no say over that...unless I decide to hold back; but would be the point of live ratings if I did such a thing?
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #72
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't see anyway that his replacement is a single person. They have to come in with a ratings team. It's just too much work for one guy first of all and it becomes very arbitrary in the sense that just bc one person thinks a guy should be rated X his stats don't match up to it.

However we did go 16 years with just one guy doing the ratings so I could be wrong.
I think that I have proven that ratings work can be done by one guy. I have 30000+ players in my database...all rated every week. Not impossible. Not inaccurate.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »