Home

TV presentation Question

This is a discussion on TV presentation Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
TV presentation Question

why can't Madden Devs add tv presentation is NFL CBS or Foxsports or ESPN or NBC ? NHL has NBC presentation, NBA live has ESPN, Rory Mcliroy has NBC presentation, Fifa has ESPN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: TV presentation Question

I think they have more to worry about. Besides, it pretty much is a Fox/CBS presentation hybrid without the logos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The common speculative answer that's been given here over the past few years is that the NFL does not want their game featuring ESPN / ABC / NBC / FOX / CBS branded presentation at the expense of its own brand.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The common speculative answer that's been given here over the past few years is that the NFL does not want their game featuring ESPN / ABC / NBC / FOX / CBS branded presentation at the expense of its own brand.
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LOGIC???????? They've got the exclusive license, so no one else can make NFL games, AND they've got licenses from these companies in order to use their likeness and branding in order to make the game feel and look more authentic. WHYYYYYYYYYY Won't they use them?? We ALL know it's EA Sports, like come on.... The ONLY thing I can think of why they dont use it is because they use CBS's generic looks and commentators and score bug layout etc... but CBS's actual license is something they DON'T have... (Maybe they do, IDK, but still....) And they would look dumb to use those visuals and audio and such but brand it under Fox.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS LOGIC???????? They've got the exclusive license, so no one else can make NFL games, AND they've got licenses from these companies in order to use their likeness and branding in order to make the game feel and look more authentic. WHYYYYYYYYYY Won't they use them?? We ALL know it's EA Sports, like come on.... The ONLY thing I can think of why they dont use it is because they use CBS's generic looks and commentators and score bug layout etc... but CBS's actual license is something they DON'T have... (Maybe they do, IDK, but still....) And they would look dumb to use those visuals and audio and such but brand it under Fox.
I'm not sure you understood his post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The best thing would be to get all the presentations in there and do it like real life. Get the A team for Fox, CBS, ESPN, and NFL Network and have them all record commentary. Then have NFC games on Fox, AFC on CBS, interconference on the away team's network, Monday games on ESPN, and Thursdays on NFL Network. It's a pipe dream, but that could permanently end presentation complaints.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm afraid you've misunderstood.

What I said is that the common speculation is that the NFL - specifically not EA Sports - is responsible for non-branded presentation in the game, because the NFL doesn't want its brand diluted. Specifically, they don't want NFL Network diluted.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but that's effectively what people have commonly speculated.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Using ESPN branding would do a lot to make the game more immersive. It could easily be "Madden on ESPN" or whatever.

edit: You could use NFL Network branding to get around NFL concerns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »