Home

Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16?

This is a discussion on Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 06:39 AM   #17
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will 3rd stringers be just as good as 1st in M16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
While I'd probably agree that there could be a wider range of OVR ratings in this game to numerically set apart the stars from the bench players (i.e. fewer 80s/low 90s, more 50s/60s), I disagree that most positions have little difference in performance between high rated players and low rated players. For example:

- Speed WR are great, but what kills in Madden 15 is really route running + speed. And good luck finding a scrub who is high in both of these ratings. What should really change here is how effective route running is.

- I'm not sure at all where the complaints at the CB position are coming from. I see that generally 95+ CBs are only getting beat on OP routes (corner/post, another issue entirely) and routes designed to beat man coverage (drags/slants), while having attributes in the mid-80s means your guy might be a bit vulnerable in coverage. Against AI, I usually go in with the gameplan to prioritize run or pass based on whether the other team's secondary is better than their front 7, and when the secondary is low-80s on average, I almost always have a big day through the air. I definitely have problems throwing against a superstar CB, so even though I have two 90+ WRs, one of them isn't seeing the ball that day if I'm against Sherman, etc.

- This one hasn't been mentioned yet, but I've been impressed at the LB spot as well. The high-rated AI LBs are just always in the right spot, and I frequently just have to shut down a certain side of the field when I'm against certain 95+ guys.
Well my main point was the QB tbh, the most important position in football, the guy that determines the outcome of a game probably 60-70% of the time, and this isn't meant to insult the people coming from the other side of the argument, but this is not a debate. I can post stats of 65 OVR rated QBs from my CFM...I can post pictures of Derek Carr winning MVP...I can post VIDEO of 65 OVR QB's tossing 50 yard strikes. But can you show me a lower rated QB missing his target on a consistent basis? Or having bad timing on quick slants the way a 65 OVR player would do? No because this does not happen in Madden football, all incompletions are drops, picks or knockdowns.

Again, not many people who know football would say that the way lower OVR players perform in Madden 15 is acceptable, and if they did they would be wrong...at least when it comes to the QB position.

EDIT:And it also seems to happen with DT's as well. Plenty of 60-65 OVR DT's have had multiple sack games against me because of the insane pressure the CPU naturally seems to get on the user QB.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 07-05-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I definitely notice a huge drop off from the superstars to the third stringers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #19
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

To anyone playing on All-Pro or lower the original statement is true. Even on some levels it applies to All-Madden.

If you are offline or online SIM minded guys why keep complaining as sliders make this game very enjoyable. The default settings are so everyone including casual fans can achieve levels of consistent success.

I have no idea why that concept is so difficult for so many to grasp. It's a game made for everyone, BUT features are included like, sliders, custom playbooks, etc. that allow 'hardcore/SIM' gamer's to create custom experiences that truly make the ratings matter.

IMO if you're still complaining after we've been given the tools to adjust the game to our liking you're yapping just to yap.

QB's too accurate lower QB ACC, is your 4th and 5th WR catching as well as your #1 lower catching from 50 to 42-45 and you'll see a difference. Turn up the reaction time to pass coverage, and coverage to see man and zone take on new life, this also makes route-running mean MUCH more than speed.

We've done the tests, we've run leagues with sliders since they were introduced, they work and in the MCL League RATINGS MATTER!

-End Sliders Rant

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #20
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
To anyone playing on All-Pro or lower the original statement is true. Even on some levels it applies to All-Madden.

If you are offline or online SIM minded guys why keep complaining as sliders make this game very enjoyable. The default settings are so everyone including casual fans can achieve levels of consistent success.

I have no idea why that concept is so difficult for so many to grasp. It's a game made for everyone, BUT features are included like, sliders, custom playbooks, etc. that allow 'hardcore/SIM' gamer's to create custom experiences that truly make the ratings matter.

IMO if you're still complaining after we've been given the tools to adjust the game to our liking you're yapping just to yap.

QB's too accurate lower QB ACC, is your 4th and 5th WR catching as well as your #1 lower catching from 50 to 42-45 and you'll see a difference. Turn up the reaction time to pass coverage, and coverage to see man and zone take on new life, this also makes route-running mean MUCH more than speed.

We've done the tests, we've run leagues with sliders since they were introduced, they work and in the MCL League RATINGS MATTER!

-End Sliders Rant
I can agree to an extent. I'm a sim gamer, and the problem isn't soley the sliders. When sliders are changed, QBs can become less accurate, but it is again across the board. This makes all, elite or sorry, QBs miss the same amount.

Also the sliders don't make them just miss, but miss wildly into defenders 15 yards away. I wouldn't mind a miss behind the WR that he can't adhust to, or too low on a curl, or too deep on a streak. Everyone knows you over throw a deep ball before you underthrow it, in madden, they only underthrow it deep.

The system is just flawed, I don't expect a perfect game, but I expect the ratings to effect the game on every play, every down, and see some "its in the game" realism.

I want to feel limited if I lose my starting QB, and I want to feel as if I can attack a weak safety on the opposition's team or if a star CB goes down, I want to try to exploit the lesser starting CB on the field with my starting WR.

I want to FEEL the ratings, not just look at them. THP and Speed are about the only ones you can FEEL every play.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #21
Banned

The problem with any ratings system is that they can't accurately be applied to the situation their real life counter parts are used in.

Case and point, Darren Sproles. He's very effective and what he is used for in real life, (dump downs, screens, draws and matchup plays against LB's). You can't account for this in Madden, because you can use him however you want no matter how unrealistic. His ratings have to be a certain level to reflect that he is indeed very good (in certain situations), but there's no way to curtail that to reflect that he's a situational player.

Some guys are amazing 3rd down backs and receivers, but that's all they're really used for. But in Madden, in order to reflect that they are that good, they have to be rated as that good all around, when they are definitely not.

I don't know how you fix this. Maybe a full spectrum 1-100 system is the answer. (btw I never understood the ratings, it's a 1-100 scale, but all the players are around 70 at the low end, so it's really a 1-30 scale? Why are we not using the full spectrum????)

Last edited by neume1mb; 07-07-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #22
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb

(btw I never understood the ratings, it's a 1-100 scale, but all the players are around 70 at the low end, so it's really a 1-30 scale? Why are we not using the full spectrum????)

This has always been a head-scratcher for me as well. I don't like it. I want the entire ratings spectrum to be utilized.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #23
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I can agree to an extent. I'm a sim gamer, and the problem isn't soley the sliders. When sliders are changed, QBs can become less accurate, but it is again across the board. This makes all, elite or sorry, QBs miss the same amount.

Definitely not true, I don't know how much work you put into this testing/playing but we have 4 years and 24 seasons under our belts of playing and testing these sliders.

Not only that there was a stark difference between QB's with accuracy similar to Geno Smith's (70-low 80's) vs a QB the caliber of Phillip Rivers (85+).

Also the sliders don't make them just miss, but miss wildly into defenders 15 yards away. I wouldn't mind a miss behind the WR that he can't adhust to, or too low on a curl, or too deep on a streak. Everyone knows you over throw a deep ball before you underthrow it, in madden, they only underthrow it deep.

There are a variety of over, and under thrown passes on deep passes as well as cross routes, comebacks throw into the dirt, etc.

The system is just flawed, I don't expect a perfect game, but I expect the ratings to effect the game on every play, every down, and see some "its in the game" realism.

Again I can't speak on any amount of effort you put in but your comments are very generalized in the way they're written.

I want to feel limited if I lose my starting QB, and I want to feel as if I can attack a weak safety on the opposition's team or if a star CB goes down, I want to try to exploit the lesser starting CB on the field with my starting WR.

We had several users struggle with the likes of Ryan Mallet, Johnny Manziel, among others IF thy tried to pass too heavy and not balance out the run game which is needed to help lesser QB's.

I myself had to wait until Cam Newton progressed (85+) heading into the 2nd season before we could open up the pass game, receiver development included, probably had one of the weakest receiver units until progression kicked in as I dealt with slow cuts in and out of breaks, drops with contact etc

I want to FEEL the ratings, not just look at them. THP and Speed are about the only ones you can FEEL every play.

Again to many SIM users you need to utilize sliders and adjust them or find a good set here on OS. M15 was the most enjoyable to date, especially once you use the sliders to make the ratings matter.
See bold for responses.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 07-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Anyone who thinks third stringers are as good as the first stringers then use them online against ppl and prove it, lol...smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »