Home

Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network

This is a discussion on Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...ranchise-mode/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network

i just want them to use the time before launch to put the M15 way of scouting in as an option.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
you now are only given the players top 3 attributes that affect their position.
I may have just missed it, but I haven't seen anyone else specifically mention that the unlocks are only position specific. It's logical that this is the case, but I'm glad to get some confirmation.

If the True Draft Value rating wasn't included, then I would be pretty satisfied with the new scouting method.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
i just want them to use the time before launch to put the M15 way of scouting in as an option.
Yup, really wish they could just give that option but they wont.

This direct quote from this article is what kills me "Previous years have shown that many users stockpile their scouting points until the end of the year and mass scout everyone after the storyline have evolved.That practice is certainly not realistic and EA hopes to change that."

The fact is alot of online players wait until end of season to scout because its the only real time they have ample time to really put fourth effort in scouting like they would like to.We have lives, and that is much more of the reason of why people waited until the end of the season. True it isnt "realistic" because in real life teams scout all year. However , in real life , those scouts , that is their full time job .Owners in online CFMs alot of times have full time jobs and families to take care of after work.They fit in scouting when they can. I really wish EA would acknowledge that fact and not punish us for having a real life .This idea needs to go .Dont punish people for having a life and wanting to be in a CFM .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I may have just missed it, but I haven't seen anyone else specifically mention that the unlocks are only position specific. It's logical that this is the case, but I'm glad to get some confirmation.

If the True Draft Value rating wasn't included, then I would be pretty satisfied with the new scouting method.
I mentioned in another thread around E3 but I'd really like to see it have been tweaked before release to be where true value is it's own fourth unlock instead of paired with the third. It's still unknown how powerful it will be but I almost would prefer they take the M12, I believe it was, where at the end of scouting you got to know everything about like five or ten guys just to err on the side of caution. I'll be interested to see how this turns out and how effective it is being that I didn't mind last year's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

I thought about this too when I saw this article because I remember when John White pitched this idea to us and we told him we didn't mind there being 3 attributes as long as they were position specific. So yes I'll take some of the blame if you don't like this system
Old 07-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yup, really wish they could just give that option but they wont.

This direct quote from this article is what kills me "Previous years have shown that many users stockpile their scouting points until the end of the year and mass scout everyone after the storyline have evolved.That practice is certainly not realistic and EA hopes to change that."

The fact is alot of online players wait until end of season to scout because its the only real time they have ample time to really put fourth effort in scouting like they would like to.We have lives, and that is much more of the reason of why people waited until the end of the season. True it isnt "realistic" because in real life teams scout all year. However , in real life , those scouts , that is their full time job .Owners in online CFMs alot of times have full time jobs and families to take care of after work.They fit in scouting when they can. I really wish EA would acknowledge that fact and not punish us for having a real life .This idea needs to go .Dont punish people for having a life and wanting to be in a CFM .
That's just cherry picking a generalization though. I stockpile my points and haphazardly just throw them at recruits right before the draft. That's a much more likely typical use case.

Your same generalization justifies the simplification of scouting.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
That's just cherry picking a generalization though. I stockpile my points and haphazardly just throw them at recruits right before the draft. That's a much more likely typical use case.

Your same generalization justifies the simplification of scouting.
If you say so. I dont like the idea of scouting being simplified at all. I enjoyed how scouting was in madden 15. It did take some time ( as does real scouting,while we are talking about being real) do search thru and find the guys that would match how you want your personal players to be. Thats what made it fun, being able to check out what you personal like for your personal style of play. That lead to a larger variance in being able to wait longer in draft for some guys. Simplifing it down to just 3 traits, in no way sounds fun to me, and since they want to bring up the "realistic" factor, how realistic is that? that every team sees only the same 3 things in a player , and nothing else? Riddle me that batman.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »