Home

This can't happen anymore in Madden.

This is a discussion on This can't happen anymore in Madden. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
This can't happen anymore in Madden.

So I downloaded an updated roster and decided to start another CCM as I wait for madden 16. I'm a Chiefs fan so I always use them. The first three regular season games were excellent. They all came down to the final quarter.

Then the week four game , Patriots at Chiefs. It was 7-3 Chiefs until the start of the 4th. The pats scored a TD to take the lead 10-7. I was driving and eating some clock and Charles got clocked and fumbles. Pats get a field goal 13-7.

2:26 left in the game I start moving down the field , it's 3rd and 16 after a sack. I see the pats defender playing Macklin tight, Macklin has a +7 speed advantage. I sent him on post route and hit him deep on the 2 yard line. Then Charles takes it in for the TD, Chiefs 14 Pats 13, 53 seconds left, Pats have all 3
time outs.

Pats return the ball to the 37 , then Brady goes to work. He's killing me. The CPU is using a nice short passing game with some play action mixed it. They use 2 of the 3 time outs on the drive getting the ball to the 17 yard line with 11 secondS left.

Here's the problem, they don't call the 3rd time out and the clock runs out, Chiefs win. 14-13. Why does the CPU allow this to happen? Call the time out, kick the feild goal, win the game.

Everything had gone so good up until this point in the season and then this. It makes me not want to even continue on playing any more games. I really hope they can fix this. For me it's a huge issue for the off line player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: This can't happen anymore in Madden.

That sucks...those types of things really kill the game. Has anyone seen any mention of this being fixed this year?
Old 07-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

>chiefs fan
>"macklin"

but yeah I agree with you. things like that can just ruin a franchise. I once had the CPU in a hail mary situation and they ran a HB screen for a loss then no huddle and a HB draw and time ran out.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't think clock management issues were ever a problem before '13.I played enough of '12 to know that there weren't any in that version.Agreed,this needs top priority.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Hell I would be satisfied if you could switch teams after the 3rd down reception to the pats, call the timeout for them, switch back and let them run their last play. But you cant even do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Definitely shouldn't happen. I will say this 15 has gotten better in play calling. For a few years the CPU play calling and clock management was atrocious. I've had some close games in 15 that the CPU handled the clock ok and others not so much. Not sure why it's not consistent
Old 07-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I don't think clock management issues were ever a problem before '13.I played enough of '12 to know that there weren't any in that version.Agreed,this needs top priority.
I have always thought CPU clock management was poor in EA games. It calls timeouts when it doesn't have to (and leaves the opponent with time to come back and score). It doesn't call time out when it should. If down by 10 points and facing a difficult 4th down while in FG range, it won't recognize the "Two Scores" concept, and will pass up the easy 3 points. As the 1st half is winding down, the CPU will call a time out only to run a dive for 3 yards...rinse and repeat.

I understand there can be wacky situations where the CPU might gaff on clock management, but it misses way too often on some pretty vanilla sitations. For a game that is in it's 27th iteration, this really shouldn't be the case.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I have always thought CPU clock management was poor in EA games. It calls timeouts when it doesn't have to (and leaves the opponent with time to come back and score). It doesn't call time out when it should. If down by 10 points and facing a difficult 4th down while in FG range, it won't recognize the "Two Scores" concept, and will pass up the easy 3 points. As the 1st half is winding down, the CPU will call a time out only to run a dive for 3 yards...rinse and repeat.

I understand there can be wacky situations where the CPU might gaff on clock management, but it misses way too often on some pretty vanilla sitations. For a game that is in it's 27th iteration, this really shouldn't be the case.
Just to give you an idea on how poorly it is coded, if you come out and go for it on 4th down, the cpu will call timeout to ice your kicker. Doesn't matter what the score is, how much time in the game, etc. Oh and that other problem... you're not actually kicking the FG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »