Home

Weekly highlight show or game updates

This is a discussion on Weekly highlight show or game updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Weekly highlight show or game updates

Weekly wrap up show if I had to pick
Old 07-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #10
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1

For the game updates, I would love to a score ticker on the bottom of the screen and the updates would come in every time a team (CPU) scores. That way, it would make the experience more immersive but far less distracting to the user (unlike NCAA 14).

The weekly highlight show would be something very similar to NFL 2k5 with Simms and Nantz discussing important matchups of the week (Thursday, Sunday, and Monday Night games). The devs would have to extra time for the highlights especially with the CPU (needs CPU vs CPU) to make it work. After those big matchups, they'll talk somewhat about the other games and put them on multiple scoreboards (including major stats, records, and next week matchups).

Last edited by King Cardinal; 07-05-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't know if I'd want either specifically but that's just my opinion. That's not saying I wouldn't want some sort of representation of information from around the league because that is something that CFM really needs I just don't think a weekly highlight show would do much for me personally.

I've been thinking about this more recently and it's weird to say it with as bad as it was implemented the first time but I honestly don't think I would mind a, and I use this term loosely, radio show. But basically a weekly wrap-up in radio form, none of the interview stuff from the Tony Bruno show, just straight up information from around the league playing in the background. Scores, standings, league leaders, injuries, as much as possible. And the benefit would be that it would be constantly going on in the background so you could be doing everything you're normally doing and just listening. Also, they desperately need a CFM ticker IMO. Scrolling the same info like you'd see on ESPN or NFLN during the year doing nothing but scrolling the same info from around your league no matter what you're doing inside your CFM. Obviously that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea and it would probably be hard to not sound monotonous but just my thoughts.

As for the studio updates, I think if it was an either/or thing I'd prefer them. The main thing that killed them in NCAA was the timing and the awful commentary that came along with them. Improve on that and add the score ticker like NCAA had and you've got a really nice addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

It doesn't make sense to have a halftime show and not a recap show at the end. As far as a weekly wrap up show I'm on board with more of a radio show. I don't know how well that would work now. When it was introduced in Madden 05 I think I on average spent more time between weeks than I do now. I would read emails, check the paper, look at stats, game plan by reading player scouting reports etc.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #13
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It doesn't make sense to have a halftime show and not a recap show at the end.
I'm on board with this. I'd actually prefer a bit of an expanded post-game show at the end of the game to any kind of halftime show. I'd assume I'm in the minority but for halftime I really only care about seeing my games stats at the half and then maybe some scores/stats from around the league. Other than that, I'm just looking to get back to playing the game.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm on board with this. I'd actually prefer a bit of an expanded post-game show at the end of the game to any kind of halftime show. I'd assume I'm in the minority but for halftime I really only care about seeing my games stats at the half and then maybe some scores/stats from around the league. Other than that, I'm just looking to get back to playing the game.
Deuce, I apologize if I have already asked you this, but which element of presentation are you most wanting to see improved in Madden as a whole?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Deuce, I apologize if I have already asked you this, but which element of presentation are you most wanting to see improved in Madden as a whole?
I would say a more relevant cohesive specific presentation package. Right now games are played in a vacuum other than a few throwaway lines here and there. It's not specific and it doesn't flow. Commentary is a large part of presentation for me personally. It talks about the wide receiver and the quarterback isn't mentioned by name. The offensive line gives up the sack and it's just a generic position such as the LT. On defense too often it's just the defender. There also needs to be highlight packages for defenders as well. The presentation too often has a copy and paste feel.

Game intros should feature a small recap of the previous game. Just through commentary would be enough. Reference stats and division standings for both teams. It should reference more key matchups and team trends. The game needs context within your CFM. The list could go on and on but all the presentation elements should tell a larger story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just presentation in general, I'd have to say Stadium atmosphere. Things like creating different feels for individual games based on their importance and where you're playing and making the crowd feel more apart of the game and in cohesion with the stage of the game and importance of certain plays that happen.

As far as broadcast presentation, probably just something like more consistent replays in terms of angles and how they play out. I've seen some really nice replays already from the E3 footage but I've also seen some of the angles where it's just a bunch of bodies because it's a field level angle that isn't being used in the correct situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »