Home

Assessment of Madden 16

This is a discussion on Assessment of Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #33
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Assessment of Madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Madden 13 is the FIRST Madden to ever even THINK about including actual "physics" to the game!! lol. The ball flight actually had a trajectory. I could lob over MLBs (with the occasional superman int, of course).
Madden 05 & 06 (PS2) had the best/most responsive passing control. It was the last time that I felt that I had any influence on pass strength and trajectory.

And in those iterations wind actually mattered. During heavy wind game-days, you would have to resort to the running game a lot more. And the wind would affect the CPU's passing and playcalling too.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
If your not buying into XP your never going to buy into CFM. As far as true draft value....I think again everyone is jumping to conclusions. It may say true draft value....but the player may still end up a bust or a gem depending on the development trait.
Yep, the mindset one has about XP is the key when it comes to enjoying CFM as it stands today. That, and dealing with fictitious draft classes.

Hopefully there will be a lot of variance there, but I want to say that last year, highly rated rookies were also the players with the better development traits. I'm not sure that they would give any true value first or second round guys, a slow development trait. If they do, it will be great, I'm hopeful but I'm skeptical.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #35
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

OVR: 0

Really stoked about this Madden 16 game and I haven't played a Madden game in 4 or 5 years. It's always been a pretty game (though I'm looking forward to new player models, hopefully).

Really what has sold me is the gameplay improvements. WR/DB interactions, hearing about improved AI, running backs that can get skinny, and some of the videos showing gang tackling and momentum. I'll also be new to things of old like double team blocking that was introduced this Gen. I'm also looking forward to the scouting and draft procedures. I'll be new to it.

I'm a huge fan of NBA 2k and MLB the Show so hopefully Madden can add things like more customization, editing ability and create a draft.

As always keep hammering presentation improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #36
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I like the direction they're headed. They made a lot of good improvements this year at least on the surface and if they turn out to be for the most part successful then I think that's big. The key, for me at least, is to see this kind jump every year. The reason a lot of people give it the old "roster update" claim is because there wasn't significant enough jumps year-to-year but this year I feel like they made some good strides and I hope that it continues and this direction doesn't get lost because there are still a lot of issues and improvements to be made. I just hope they continue to pile as many resources as possible into gameplay and CFM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I like the direction they're headed. They made a lot of good improvements this year at least on the surface and if they turn out to be for the most part successful then I think that's big. The key, for me at least, is to see this kind jump every year. The reason a lot of people give it the old "roster update" claim is because there wasn't significant enough jumps year-to-year but this year I feel like they made some good strides and I hope that it continues and this direction doesn't get lost because there are still a lot of issues and improvements to be made. I just hope they continue to pile as many resources as possible into gameplay and CFM.
IF the same people keep making the game and are allowed to continue to build the game how they want for the most part, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't keep getting better like this every year. The thing is, the more of the legacy issues they address, the more they can do the things we all want and hopefully some innovative things too. They're still building the foundation, so once that is fully built, they should really be able to exponentially improve the game each cycle. Like I said before E3, Madden 16 is the first gen 4 title to get a full development cycle, that shouldn't change for several years, unless we transition to another console or something unforeseen happens.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #38
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The fact that we are being sold on a working and fully functioning all new penalty system with functional sliders is a huge deal.

The WR/DB interactions are a huge deal and have been asked for years upon years.

I wanteed them to get this game on the field playing like a true next gen game.....it seems we may finally really have that in M16.

I loved M15 but it had some glaring issues and two of those were what I mentioned above. WR's were brain dead. And the lack of penalties is a killer for us here.

Now they just need to tell me the sack issue is better. And by that I hope CPU QB AI was focused on and it seems they did work on it.

Time will tell. But I am very excited for release day.
Amen, brother.

Focus on fixing the gameplay and setting a great foundation...I'd be okay, honestly, if nothing else in Madden was even touched if they focused all their resources on the engine's physics, AI tuning, and gameplay logic.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Amen, brother.

Focus on fixing the gameplay and setting a great foundation...I'd be okay, honestly, if nothing else in Madden was even touched if they focused all their resources on the engine's physics, AI tuning, and gameplay logic.
I skipped 15 because I didn't want to invest in the money on it. This just because I got an X1 for Christmas and I had some other games I wanted to spend money on including 2K and UFC. But how was the cut logic last year? Like did you ever guys like Peppers or Suh get cut in the 3rd or 4th week of the preseason. Because that was one thing that pissed me off about 25 was those guys getting cut.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #40
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

I just hope the corners are fixed for this game. I don't know how many times I played man coverage and my corner turned to face the qb when the ball was thrown on a go route leaving the wideout wide open for a big gain or score on multiple occasions. If this is fixed madden 16 will be a good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »